Hesher (2011)

Tools    

Hesher Spencer Susser

Official trailer for Spencer Susser's Sundance selected, Hesher.

Centers on Hesher (Gordon-Levitt), a twentysomething loser who invades the life of an awkward 13-year-old who is living with a pill-popping father (Rainn Wilson) and grandmother. Portman plays a supermarket worker for whom the kid falls for after she saves him from a bully.

[ropeofsilicon]

---------

I get rather excited seeing Gordon-Levitt in anything ever since I watched Manic several years ago. It is nice to see him stay true to some smaller indie budget films even after making some mainstream films like (500) Days of Summer and Inception.

Rainn Wilson is a guy that I have wanted to see step out side of his character on The Office for sometime now. Sure, he was briefly in Juno and he starred in the terrible The Rocker - he needs a real role, and a cool beard. Hopefully this one is a good fit, because he definitely has a cool beard.

Definitely one of my most anticipated films of the coming year. JGL knows how to pick really good roles (well, forgetting GI Joe even though still enjoyed him ham it up). Mysterious Skin and Brick are worth checking.

The trailers for this movie look sick! Cant wait for the release. anyone know when it's due out?

Ive heard its gonna be released may 13th. also heard there was a screening. anyone seen it?

theres some random ads on youtube. an iguana, a fat chick. they're pretty funny. i think this movies gonna have some humor in it...

A new poster is out on JGL's tumbler. Looks pretty cool...

I'm a big fan of Joe Gordon-Levitt, but I saw this tonight and it didn't do much for me. Most of the actors were good and it had a kick ass soundtrack (mostly Metallica), but nothing that resonates.