Top 50 Tearjerkers

Tools    

"Life as a House" is not an easy film to watch. Its story is piercingly poignant, sometimes depraved, and unbearably sad. If you insist on flashy amusements and naive happy endings in your films, this is not for you. If you are "real" though, about the dynamics of our troubled lives, then it is for you. And if you are sensitive, then this is a film you can only watch about once a year.

It is well written, directed, and acted, especially by Kevin Kline and Kristin Scott Thomas. Hayden Christensen gives us the same believable anger, sullenness and pathos as his Anakin Skywalker character did in Episode II; maybe better. He makes a good troubled teen. And Jena Malone is good with the script she is dealt.

I'd recommend this film to anyone.

1. Steel Magnolias
  2. Dying Young
  3. Paris, Texas
  4. Good Will Hunting
  5. Dead Poet's Society
  6. Titanic
  7. Terms of Endearment
  8. Sweet November
  9. House of Sand and Fog
  10. Be With Me
  11. Grace is Gone
  12. Stella
  13. Beaches
  14. The Notebook
  15. My Life Without Me
  16. Secrets & Lies
  17. A Walk to Remember
  18. Philadelphia
  19. Lion King
  20. The Land Before Time
  21. John Q
  22. The Color Purple
  23. Forrest Gump
  24. Ghost
  25. Fried Green Tomatoes
  26. Breaking the Waves
  27. Pete's Dragon
  28. What's Eating GIlbert Grape
  29. The Pursuit of Happiness
  30. Gia
  31. My Girl
  32. Old Yeller
  33. Untamed Heart
  34. Message in a Bottle
  35. Sybil
  36. Mask
  37. Hope Floats
  38. Where the Red Fern Grows
  39. Bambi
  40. China Cry
  41. Schindler's List
  42. Reign Over Me
  43. Freeheld (documentary)
  44. All Dogs Go to Heaven
  45. The Bridges of Madison County
  46. Kramer vs Kramer
  47. The Wizard of Oz
  48. Magnolia
  49. One True Thing
  50. ET

http://hiddenmovieblog.blogspot.com

Hi, new to the forum, glad to be here!

i am a guy who enjoys mistyness....from a father/son dynamic, the last 10 minutes of October Sky just kills me every time. If we are talking full tear then i need to cross over into Documentary with Dear Zachary.

i wanna play a game......monopoly?!
The movies that made me a little teary were:

Patch Adams (He made all those sick people so happy!)

And believe it or not but:

Hancock!

Great acting and script is what usually gets to me, a few of my favorites that made me choke up while watching:

Forrest Gump
Sophie's Choice
Rain Man
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
Cyrano de Bergerac (Depardieu)
The Savages

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
These movies all have some really sad parts but are great:

Seven Pounds
The Pursuit of Happyness
Rain Man
Forrest Gump
Man on Fire
Signs (the basement scene)
Reign Over Me
Kramer vs. Kramer

Hmm, off the top of my head

Brian's Song
Magnolia
Braveheart (the ending gets me every time)
LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (you know!)
Forrest Gump
Bambi

One movie that made me quiet sad was "Reign Over Me" which I think was made back in 2003 or so and starred Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle. Watching this movie proved that Sandler in fact can be a serious actor. And he plays such a sad character in the film that you can not help but feel sorry for him, and what he's lost in the movie.

Love Lisa
(Philip Seymour Hoffman,saddest charchter in film Ive ever seen,film starts right after his wife died,and he gets hooked on snuffing R.C. fuel...)

Heavy
(Pruitt Taylor Vince and Liv Tyler...silent melangcholy...)

Cast Away

Mystic River

Kramer VS. Kramer

(The kid crying while he and his dad (who just lost custody over him) are preparing breakfast...
and some other scenes)

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
also new to forum, these get me everytime

i am sam
my life
brians song
old yeller
gone baby gone

I am really into tearjerkers. Ones that pop into my mind are:

The Notebook
August Rush
A Walk To Remember
Sweet November
Pay It Forward

Life Is Beautiful
Colour Of Paradise
The Notebook
Pay It Forward
3 Idiots

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I am really into tearjerkers. Ones that pop into my mind are:

The Notebook
August Rush
A Walk To Remember
Sweet November
Pay It Forward
I am a guy and I've seen parts of The Notebook and didn't think it was too bad. Is there a problem with me?

Personally, I'd have to say My Sisters Keeper was a crazy tear jerker for me. I cried throughout the whole movie.

I am a guy and I've seen parts of The Notebook and didn't think it was too bad. Is there a problem with me?
No, I didn't find it a tear jerker at all, I actually found it inspirational. Plus, the incomparable, Rachel McAdams was O so beautiful. What a sweety!!

My sisters keeper on the other hand, cuts right through you.

No, I didn't find it a tear jerker at all, I actually found it inspirational. Plus, the incomparable, Rachel McAdams was O so beautiful. What a sweety!!

My sisters keeper on the other hand, cuts right through you.
I think The Notebook can be very sad if you are dealing with someone with Alzhemers.

My Sister's Keeper I have to agree with made me really cry hard.

The Fountain is a huge tear jerker for me, but that might just be a personal thing. I relate to it more than any other film I can think of. I have cried each viewing, and that's over 10 times.

The Fountain is a huge tear jerker for me, but that might just be a personal thing. I relate to it more than any other film I can think of. I have cried each viewing, and that's over 10 times.
That is the thing some of these films may have more personal meaning to others making it more difficult to view without crying.

Message in a Bottle is by far my favorite tearjerker.