Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I watched Final Destination at home firstly DVD then the 3D version and I preffered it just as a normal film. Im not a fan of this 3D faise and hope Hollywood tire of it soon.

I just watched The Final Destination in 3D last night after dinner. I actually enjoyed it better watching it in my living room then in the theater. I am not that big of a fan of 3D films myself these days either. They aren't worth seeing in the theater (except Avatar) . It's mostly done for $$ and plus they aren't done right. I want to see Clash of the Titans in 3D for the hell of it, but then I keep hearing from websites, that the 3D sucks (like usual) and to just go see it in 2D because it's better that way. I know I said this before, but Tron: Legacy is probably the next and only film this year thats actualy worth the technology aside from Avatar.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I just watched The Final Destination in 3D last night after dinner. I actually enjoyed it better watching it in my living room then in the theater. I am not that big of a fan of 3D films myself these days either. They aren't worth seeing in the theater (except Avatar) . It's mostly done for $$ and plus they aren't done right. I want to see Clash of the Titans in 3D for the hell of it, but then I keep hearing from websites, that the 3D sucks (like usual) and to just go see it in 2D because it's better that way. I know I said this before, but Tron: Legacy is probably the next and only film this year thats actualy worth the technology aside from Avatar.
I havent seen any 3D films in the theater well tbh I cant even remember the last time I went to the theater to see a film, maybe the last time I went was to see the third instalment in the Matrix Trilogy! I have to say that I cant see me going to see a movie in 3D in the theater ever. I am so looking forward to seeing Clash Of The Titans that looks like its going to be a sweet movie

But saying that about 3D movies in the theater I have heard so many good things about Avatar in 3D but alas I wont see it in the theater, I cant wait to see it on dvd and if there is a 3D release I may check it out in 3D but I wont hold up much hope for it tbh.

Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand
Thank you for all the work you did here. This is fantastic! Looking at your list, I guess I'd have to say I'm a little apprehensive about the 4th installment of the Spider Man franchise. No Raimi, no Maguire, no Dunst. New focus on the early years of Spider Man in high school... I'm just praying none of the (what I call) "Disney" teenage actors show up as Spider Man. Deep sigh. Prayer.

The current frontrunner (apparently) for the Spiderman reboot is Jamie Bell (Billy Elliot) along with these guys, Andrew Garfield (Red Riding), Frank Dillane (Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince), Josh Hutcherson (Journey To The Centre Of The Earth) and Alden Ehrenreich (Tetro).

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I realize its just a goofy idea for a T-shirt. however, it would still be cool for to be incorporated into the inevitable Transformers 3 flick.

I am fond of this thread and its predecessors. It's interesting to look upon it and recollect movie news history, and just to see what did and did not come about. Like a time portal of entertainment. I can't believe it's been 6 years... just glad some people enjoyed the effort I had put into it.

I am fond of this thread and its predecessors. It's interesting to look upon it and recollect movie news history, and just to see what did and did not come about. Like a time portal of entertainment. I can't believe it's been 6 years... just glad some people enjoyed the effort I had put into it.
Keep doing more.

QUICK UPDATE!!!!
  • 23 Jump Street - Pre production (Release date: N/A)
  • Akira - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass - (Release date: May 27, 2016)
  • Austin Powers 4 - (Release date: N/A)
  • Avatar 2 - (Release date: December 25, 2017)
  • Avatar 3 - (Initial release: December 2018)
  • Avatar 4 - (Initial release: 2019)
  • Bad Boys 3 - Script stages (Release date: N/A)
  • Bad Santa 2 - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Bad Teacher 2 - (Release date: N/A)
  • Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice - Post production (March 25, 2016 - USA)
  • Beetlejuice 2 - In talks (Release date: N/A)
  • Ben Hur - Filming (Release date: Feburary 26, 2016)
  • Beverly Hills Cop 4 - Script stages (Release date: March 25, 2016)
  • Beyond the Green Inferno - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Blade Runner 2 - Pre production (Release date: N/A)
  • The Blob - In production (Initial release: 2016)
  • Captain America: Civil War - Pre production (Release date: May 6, 2016)
  • Cars 3 - Pitching stage (Release date: N/A)
  • Child's Play 7 - In talks (Release date: N/A)
  • The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair- Script stages (Initial Release date: 2016
  • Cloverfield 2 - In talks (Release date: N/A)
  • The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist - (Release date: June 10, 2016)
  • The Craft - Remake of the 1996 film. In development. (Initial Release date: 2017)
  • Creed - (Release date: November 25, 2015)
  • The Crow - In development (Initial release date: 2016)
  • Death Note - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Death Race 4 (Initial Release date: 2016
  • Die Hard 6- In talks/ In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Dodgeball 2 - Status unknown (Release date: N/A)
  • Dog Soldiers: Fresh Meat - - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Enchanted 2 - (Release date: N/A)
  • Evil Dead IV - On hold (Release date: Nobody knows)
  • Expendables 4 - Pitching stage (Release date: N/A)
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - The first in a prequel trilogy to the Harry Potter series. (Release date: November 18, 2016)
  • Fantastic Four - Post-production (Release date: August 7, 2015)
  • Fifty Shades Darker - (Release date: February 10th, 2017)
  • Fifty Shades Freed - (Release date: February 9th, 2018)
  • Finding Nemo 2: Findng Dory - Filming (Release date: June 17, 2016)
  • Friday the 13th (Second reboot) - In development (Release date: May 13, 2016)
  • Furious 8 (Release date: April 14, 2017)
  • Ghostbusters - Pre production (Release date: July 22, 2016)
  • Ghost in the Shell - Pre production (Release date: April 14, 2017)
  • Godzilla 2 - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Goon 2 - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Goonies 2 - In talks (Release date: N/A)
  • Gremlins 3 - In talks (Release date: N/A)
  • Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 - Pre production (Release date: May 5, 2017)
  • Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2 - In Development (Release date: N/A)
  • Halloween III - In talks (Release date: N/A)
  • The Haunting in New York - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Human Centipede 3: The Final Sequence - Will be released on VOD and in theaters the same day. (Release date: May 22, 2015)
  • Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 (Release date: November 20, 2015)
  • Ice Age 5 - Filming stage (Release date: July 15, 2016)
  • The Incredibles 2 - Treatment/ outline stages (Initial release date: 2016)
  • Independence Day 2 - Pre-production (Release date: June 24, 2016)
  • Independence Day 3 - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Inferno - Pre production (Release date: October 14, 2016)
  • I Spit On Your Grave 3: Vengeance is Mine - Post Production (Release date: N/A)
  • Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer 2 - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Jeepers Creepers 3: Cathedral - Awaiting release and having trouble finding proper financing. (Release date: N/A)
  • Jeepers Creepers 4 - (Release date: N/A)
  • Jurassic World - (Release date: June 12, 2015)
  • Jumanji - A "re-imagining" of the 1995 film. (Release date: N/A - In development)
  • The Jungle Book - (Release date: April 15, 2016)
  • The Karate Kid 2 - In development/ Script stage (Release date: N/A)
  • Kick-Ass 3 - Status unknown.(Release date: N/A)
  • Kung Fu Panda 3 - (Release date: January 29, 2016)
  • LEGO Batman - (Release date: February 10, 2017)
  • The LEGO Movie 2 - (Release date: May 18, 2018)
  • Machete Kills in Space - Announced/ In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Mad Max: The Wasteland - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Mad Max: Furiosa - (Release date: N/A)
  • The Man from U.N.C.L.E. - (Release date: August 14, 2015)
  • The Matrix - Three new movies are supposedly set to be a reboot/prequel of the franchise, following the life of another ‘The One’. (Release date: N/A)
  • Mechanic: Resurrection - Post-production (Initial Release date: 2016)
  • Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - (Release date: July 31, 2015
  • The Mummy (reboot) - (March 24th, 2017)
  • National Treasure 3 - (Release date: N/A)
  • Now You See Me: The Second Act - Filming (Release date: June 10, 2016)
  • Pacific Rim 2 - (Release date: August 4th, 2017)
  • Paranormal Activity 2: Tokyo Night (Release date: N/A)
  • Paranormal Activity 2: The Ghost Dimension (Release date: October 23, 2015)
  • Phantasm: Ravager - (Release date: N/A)
  • Pitch Perfect 2 - (Release date: May 15, 2015)
  • Poltergeist - (Release date: May 22, 2015 )
  • Prometheus 2 (Release date: March 24, 2016)
  • The Purge 3 (Release date: July 1, 2016)
  • The Raid 3 - In development (Initial release: 2018 or 2019)
  • Rambo: Last Blood - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Real Steel 2 - In development (Release date: N/A
  • Red 3- Script stages (Release date: June 10, 2016)
  • Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (Release date: N/A)
  • Ride Along 2 - Post-production (Release date: January 15, 2016)
  • Rings - The third installment in the US Ring remake series (Release date: N/A - In production)
  • Rush Hour 4 - (Release date: N/A)
  • Salt 2 - Script stages (Release date: N/A)
  • Scarface - In development (Initial release: 2016)
  • Shanghai Dawn - In development (Initial release: 2017)
  • Sherlock Holmes 3 - Treatment/ outline stage (Release date: N/A)
  • Shrooms 2 - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Sinister 2 - (Release date: August 21, 2015)
  • The Six Billion Dollar Man - Big screen adaptation of the Lee Majors TV show starring Mark Wahlberg is in production (Initial Release date: 2016)
  • Sleepaway Camp Reunion 3D - (Release date: N/A)
  • Space Jam 2 - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Spider-Man (Marvel/Sony) - (Release date: July 28, 2017)
  • Spider-Man: Sinister Six - - (Initial release date: 2016)
  • A Star is Born - (Release date: N/A)
  • Star Trek 3 - (Initial release date: 2016)
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens - (Release date: December 18, 2015)
  • Star Wars: Rogue One - (Release date: December 16, 2016)
  • Stigmata 2 - In Development (Release date: N/A)
  • The Strangers 2 - Pre Production (Release date: N/A)
  • Taken 4 - (Release date: N/A)
  • Ted 2 - (Release date: June 26, 2015)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Filming (Release date: June 3, 2016)
  • Tell No One - Remake of the french horror/thriller starring Liam Neeson. No official status as of yet. (Release date: N/A)
  • Terminator: Genesis - (Release date: July 1, 2015)
  • The Thin Man - Remake of the classic 1934 film with Johnny Depp, which got delayed back in 2013. Status is unknown. (Release date: N/A)
  • Thor: Ragnarok - (Release date: July 28, 2017)
  • Timecrimes - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Tomb Raider - In development (Release date : N/A)
  • The Toxic Avenger - A remake of the original 1984 Troma film with the same name (Release date: N/A - In Development)
  • Transformers 5 - Being written (Release date: June 24, 2016)
  • Tremors 5 - Post Production (Release date: N/A)
  • Trick 'r Treat 2 - In Development - (Release date: N/A)
  • The Twilight Zone - (Release date: N/A)
  • Underworld: Next Generation - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Untitled Bill and Ted sequel - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Untitled Jeremy Renner/Bourne Sequel - (Release date: July 29, 2016)
  • Untitled Matt Bourne/ Bourne Sequel - (Release date: July 29, 2016)
  • Vacation - (Release date: July 31, 2015 )
  • Wanted 2 - In talks with Universal (Release date: N/A)
  • World War Z 2 - In Development - (Initial Release: 2017)
  • X- Files 3 - In talks (Release date: N/A)
  • X-Men: Apocalypse - (Release date: May 27, 2016)
  • xXx: The Return of Xander Cage - In development (Release date: N/A)
  • Zombieland 2 - In Development - (Release date: N/A)-
  • Zoolander 2 - (Release date: February 12, 2016)

I really want to see Beetlejuice 2 happen.

I know after seeing something like Dumb and Dumber To, a sequel to something from long ago can be a stupid idea, but I'd really like to see Lydia Deetz (Winona Ryder), who is supposed to be in it, as an adult. I wonder what her and Beetlejuice would get up to now. I say he probably still has a thing for her.

And if they ever do another Sleepaway Camp movie, Pamela Springsteen from the '80s sequels needs to be the star. I so don't care for the stupid first movie. They did another sequel a few years ago, but it was based on the first movie and had the original stars in it. It was okay, but to me, Sleepaway Camp is Pamela Springsteen's Angela. She needs to come back.

Added to the list: Inferno, Untitled Bourne sequels, Transformers 5, Now You See Me: The Second Act, Red 3, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, Ride Along 2, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair, Beverly Hills Cop 4, Mechanic: Resurrection and Death Race 4

More coming soon!!!

If they ever do another Sleepaway Camp movie, Pamela Springsteen from the '80s sequels needs to be the star. I so don't care for the stupid first movie. They did another sequel a few years ago, but it was based on the first movie and had the original stars in it. It was okay, but to me, Sleepaway Camp is Pamela Springsteen's Angela. She needs to come back.
The next Sleepaway Camp was on hold for awhile but it recently came back on track. No release date has been set. As for the cast Felissa Rose reprises her role as "Angela", Paul DeAngelo is said to return as "Ronnie", Tom Van Dell is said to return as "Mike" and
Desiree Gould returns as the crazy "Aunt Martha". As for Pamela Springsteen's version of "Angela", this final film in the Sleepaway Camp trilogy ignores the previous two sequels that were released in the 1980s.

The next Sleepaway Camp was on hold for awhile but it recently came back on track.
Felissa Rose reprises her role as "Angela", Paul DeAngelo is said to return as "Ronnie", Tom Van Dell is said to return as "Mike" and
Desiree Gould returns as the crazy "Aunt Martha". As for Pamela Springsteen's version of "Angela", this final film in the Sleepaway Camp trilogy ignores the previous two sequels that were released in the 1980s.
Yes, those are all people from the very first Sleepaway Camp movie.

It's such a mistake. Felissa Rose brings absolutely nothing to the Angela character. In the last movie they did -- I think it came out in 2008 --

WARNING: "Return to Sleepaway Camp" spoilers below
She spent the entire movie dressed as a male cop. That was the twist -- Angela is actually the sheriff. Which I saw coming WAY before the reveal at the end, just because "he" did not look like a man.

Meanwhile, Pamela Springsteen didn't need tricks like that and she was personality all the way. I don't get why people obsess over the stupid, boring original movie so much.