Muse

Tools    

Although I had heard the name before, I had never listened to any of their stuff. There's this song called Supermassive Black Hole (
), I find this extremely catchy.

If anybody knows of a specific album of theirs or another group that sounds a lot like them, please let me know.

Employee of the Month
Are you in your "exploring the world and share"-phase or what?

Muse is a band with a unique sound, too clever to be Goth, too vain to stay independent. It´s good, but personally I like it better. The guys should be millionaires by now, but they have to stay sad for their music. Like the Leadsinger of Korn, saying: "I´m a multi-millionaire now. But still I´ve got depressions." Ooooohhh....

Similar Bands? LastFM.com says: Placebo, Radiohead, 30 Seconds to Mars

Try Drowning Pool. The singer killed himself, so I guess he took the whole thing seriously. Don`t try "Let the bodies hit the floor". Try " Tear away".

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
My wife is a huge fan of Muse im not tbh they have some good songs but they are not Heavy enough for me

Here are some songs you might like,

Plug In Baby

Bliss

New Born

These are the three songs that I like by the band

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I've been a fan of Muse since 2000 but at the same time I recognise that they are completely preposterous and can see why people don't like them. Their music is very (melo)dramatic with some beautiful instrumental bits which are brilliant if you're listening to it in the right mood in a darkened room but a bit odd when they pop up when you put your ipod on shuffle. They can also be a bit samey.

Personally, I think Absolution is their best album, although I love some of the singles from the other albums, notably Plug in Baby, Starlight and Undisclosed Desires (the Thin White Duke remix of Undisclosed Desires is also worth a listen).

If you're not put off by Muse's operatic tendencies, you may also like Mansun, Radiohead and Martin Grech.

I've heard one song ("Uprising"), and I liked it. Shame they espouse such a goofy, simplistic, adolescent worldview in it. Always a bummer when an otherwise good song is ruined by something like that. Thursday put it pretty well; "melodramatic" is a good word to describe the lyrics.

Also, the lead singer looks like a mix between David Bowie and David Arquette.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I've heard one song ("Uprising"), and I liked it. Shame they espouse such a goofy, simplistic, adolescent worldview in it.
I think of it as fiction, lyrically. Ok, most song lyrics aren't fact anyway, but they have this sort of concept, especially on the new album (The Resistance) of living in a sort of apocalyptic dystopian society. I don't think they mean their lyrics as any kind of literal protest or rebellion against government control. (And if they do, I'm a bit disappointed, because that's not nearly as fun). I imagine it as the soundtrack to a particularly over dramatic sci-fi movie, something in the vein of The Matrix.

EDIT: Wait, look, someone got there first with that comparison... this comes up near the top when you type 'Stockholm Syndrome' into youtube:

Are you in your "exploring the world and share"-phase or what?
Kinda, it's a wanting to explore things and I don't get out of the house much these days
Although, if it starts to become annoying, tell me. I really don't want to be that user if you know what I mean