The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Master of My Domain
Well well, everybody here seems... dazed and confused.

ba dum tss

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Remember watching this during film class in high school. It's been many moons but remember enjoying it.
Film class? In high school?
man. we had ...home EC or ag/shop. You could pick which one you start with, but by the end of the year you will have suffered through both. I had a friend in the "city" school who was taking painting and another class in video. County schools sucked! One kid drank our team vanilla extract so we couldn't make cookies, then I ended up cutting everyone's "magazine rack" wood cuz I was the only one who knew how to use a friggin ruler.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Dazed and Confused. huh....

I watched this my first year of college, on VHS that my best friend borrowed from his girlfriend's best friend at the time. She had purple hair. I vaguely remember crushing on her---the friend, not my friend's girlfriend (I'm pretty sure I'm on to something here as a rough sitcom pilot or something). Anyhoo. I liked it well enough, forever ago. I may have seen it once again, since. It has been on my mind this past year for some reason to revisit but I have not yet done so. Nothing wrong with the movie, as I remember, but I am somewhat surprised to see this break the list.

So for the last few:
Harold and Maude - Started watching it but didn't finish it and likely never will. Not my kind of movie.

E.T. - Loved it as a kid. Wasn't a dry eye in the theater back then but I watched it again about a year ago and I wish I had just left it alone. It's still good but not as magical as I remember. I'll probably love it again in a few years when I start chowing down on things like pureed steak and potatoes with a prune juice kicker.

Toy Story - I never understood the love for it. It's okay but Pixar has done much better.

Dazed and Confused - Saw it in theaters with a bud because the poster told me to. Remember thinking it was taking waaaay too long to get my popcorn and soda which made me paranoid (did I give 'em a ten or a twenty? Do I get change? Why is everyone looking at me?). Finally relaxed a bit when I got to my seat and didn't really like the movie. I don't think I was ready for the lack of plot. Have watched it several times since then and have come around on it to where its a fun way to kill an afternoon. Surprised it made the list but no complaints.

To Kill a Mockingbird - Seen it once. According to my database rating I really liked it.

Haven't seen Akira.

Master of My Domain
As someone who watched a ton of CSI: Miami growing up, thank you. This is perfect.

I need to watch Dazed and Confused. I love To Kill a Mockingbird, though I'm not as down on it as some people are. I think it's a film I mainly like for its acting, and while there's nothing wrong with that per se, I didn't have the connection towards that film I felt towards my other favorites of that decade. Still happy to see it on this list though.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
If The Hangover is on the list, my faith in all of you will diminish
You:

Just kidding all in good fun.

I can't believe I forgot about To Kill a Mockingbird.

I didn't think Dazed and Confused was as good as the hype. Too many characters, but it's still a good movie.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Nobody will believe me but Dazed and Confused definitely came to my mind but I didn't say it because I had no idea it had a chance to make this.

It's going to make a list twice with Titanic missing. Ouch.

A system of cells interlinked
If The Hangover is on the list, my faith in all of you EXCEPT SEDAI will diminish
FIFY

I don't like The Hangover.

I think only @Hey Fredrick mentioned Dazed and Confused. A handful of people floated To Kill a Mockingbird, but not as many as I'd expected.

I'll confess to being pretty self-satisfied with the hint on this one.

A system of cells interlinked
I think only @Hey Fredrick mentioned Dazed and Confused. A handful of people floated To Kill a Mockingbird, but not as many as I'd expected.

For the record, I was just about to post To Kill a Mockingbird and Rocky when I discovered I was too late, and the films had already been posted. Never considered Dazed and Confused.

I like the Mockingbird guess once I heard it, but that's cheating. I liked the Raging Bull guess with it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm overthinking the hints usually. The hints have been sort of obvious when you think about them afterwords. As in not much cryptic meaning.

If The Hangover is on the list, my faith in all of you will diminish
The Hangover is a movie I just stared at.

I'm sure I was expected to do something while I was staring, some sort of human reaction, but never quite figured out what it wanted from me.

So far, it's been true that one of the two films has usually had a very direct and obvious connection, but "Made in Japan" to indicate a movie about toys is a bit indirect. Ditto "I want to be new" to indicate memory loss (though the Kaufman connection helps there). So I think it's been relatively easy to get one, but very hard to get both.

I think "Wrinkly, but cute" is my favorite, though. Works about equally well for both.

I don’t really like Dazed and Confused. I saw To Kill a Mockingbird once back in high school and don’t remember much about it.