Favorite Time Travel Movies

Tools    

12 Monkeys is a 1995 American science fiction film directed by Terry Gilliam, inspired by Chris Marker's 1962 short film La Jetée.

They both were very good films... but I liked La Jetée better.

On this subject, there is nothing out there better than Back to the Future...the sequels were disappointing, but the first film is pretty much lawless.

Back to the Future
The Time Travellers Wife
The Time Machine
Donnie Darko
12 Monkeys
The Terminator Films
Groundhog Day
Time Bandits
Star Trek: First Contact
Deja Vu
Frequency
Flight of the Aviator

back to the future

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

The first B2F only strengthened my love for the legendary Huey Lewis and his News band.

Founder of DejaScene.com
B2F 3 was my fav out in the old west.

Founder of DejaScene.com
Back to the Future
The Time Travellers Wife
The Time Machine
Donnie Darko
12 Monkeys
The Terminator Films
Groundhog Day
Time Bandits
Star Trek: First Contact
Deja Vu
Frequency
Flight of the Aviator
It's been a while and I almost forgot about Deja Vu. That was a good one.

Back to the Future Trilogy
The Terminator/Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Donnie Darko
Twelve Monkeys
Groundhog Day
Midnight in Paris
Edge of Tomorrow
Frequency
Field of Dreams
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Somewhere in Time
Peggy Sue Got Married
Timecop
Déjà Vu
Hot Tub Time Machine
The Time Machine 1960 +'02
The Butterfly Effect
Time Crimes
Men in Black 3

Favorites:
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure/Bogus Journey
Palm Springs
About Time
Edge of Tomorrow
12 Monkeys
Predestination
Primer
Frequency
Detention
Happy Accidents

Like But Don't Love:
Back to the Future
Flight of the Navigator
Somewhere in Time
Looper
Happy Death Day
Timecrimes
Girl Who Leapt Through Time
I'll Follow You Down

If it counts, Arrival, Run Lola Run.

Timeline
Assassin's Creed (Huge Assassin Creed Game Trilogy Fan)
12 Monkeys
Prince of Persia (Fan Of The Game )
13 Going On 30
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Love Harry Potter Movie Trilogy and the books)
Sphere
Avengers: Endgame (Marvel Fan)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
The Butterfly Effect
Black Knight
Alice Through the Looking Glass

My favourite will always be The Time Machine (1960) and the others I like have already been mentioned above, apart from Project Almanac, a found footage film made in 2015 I think.

Just because it hasn't been mentioned:
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (1948) - Bing Crosby version (there's been a few, but this is the only one I've seen).

And did people miss Planet of the Apes (1968) on this thread? (Of course you don't know it's a time travel movie until the final reveal of the first film.)

Star Trek: First Contact (1996).

Also - there was a movie on TCM called "Turn Back the Clock" (1933) last night. I didn't see it, but found that some call it an early time travel movie that inspired later ones! (Now I wish I stayed up to watch it.)

I actually made this video a couple months ago to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Back to the Future. Here are my top 50 favorite films that involve time travel, paradoxes, or anything that plays around with time.

Hi Rules, I haven't seen the "Lost in Space" movie because I heard it was kind of lame. Is it really worth seeing?

And I used to watch the old TV show "Land of the Lost", but I haven't seen the "Land of the Lost" movie for two reasons. (1) There were some big bug-like things in the trailer that really turned me off of it, and (2) I usually hate Will Ferrell's movies. I think the only movie that I liked that he was in was "Bewitched", and surprisingly he didn't annoy me as much in that movie as he normally does. (Capt. recommended it, so I gave it a chance.)

The Lego Movie is a really good Will Farrel movie.

The final countdown starring Martin Sheen and Kirk Douglas is also a good time travel film.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The Lego Movie is a really good Will Farrel movie.

I've seen The Lego Movie, and I agree that it's a good movie, but I don't consider it a Will Ferrell movie. Since it's an animated movie, I don't really connect it to any specific actor.

Star trek 2009