Banshee

Tools    

After finishing Fringe last month, I was looking for a show to casually watch, I needed a break from the binge watching style I used on Fringe. The trailer for Banshee showed up, so I decided to give it a shot. I watched 3 episodes that night, 4 the next day, and finished the season on the 3rd. It hooked me pretty quickly and unexpectedly so my wife and I dove into another show.

Banshee is a fun enough story. Notorious thief goes to jail, and through a bizarre situation in a bar, he takes the identity of a small town Sheriff. I really couldn't get enough of how awful this guy was at being Sheriff, but how incredible he was a getting stuff done and taking care of the town.

As far as the writing goes, I mean, the viewer has to suspend their disbelief pretty heavily and just enjoy the ultraviolence. I enjoy the story, it's engaging, but it isn't a show with really deep story arcs and crazy character development. Although, I will say, there is one relationship in Banshee that had some of the most real moments I have seen on TV in a while. I credit that to Anthony Starr, he really nails his character as Sheriff.

Has anyone else around here given the show a chance?

I tried it. Somehow managed to sit through the opening episode, despite wanting to turn it off about 7 times. Hell, just watching that guy walk into shot made me want to turn it off. He walks like he's shat himself. I can't take him seriously. Missed the second episode, but watched the third. Started to watch the 4th episode, but after about 10 minutes I decided I just couldn't be bothered with the whole thing and turned it off.

At its centre, it might have something and I was slightly interested in seeing how he did pretending to be sheriff. Also, the part of me that loves Road House was even a little interested in seeing him play off against the big, bad businessman and his slutty niece/daughter/whatever she was. However, the only character I liked was the bar owning, ex boxer, and I truly hated the ex-girlfriend and the transvestite cyber hacker, both of whom I figured would feature heavily and not get any less annoying as time went on.

On the plus side, I've freed up an hour a week to watch something.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Started watching this a couple of weeks ago and i must say it's one of the best tv series i have ever seen. I'm on season 3 now, and it's damn perfect. It's got some of the best action i have ever seen.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "