Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Don't worry Gabrielle, I also thought Xavier Dolan is French the first time I heard about him.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Looked it up and it's an anime film from 2014; his list is about 1960-70s Samurai films so I don't see how that relates. You don't need to shoehorn anime films you like into every topic even when they don't relate; that's too much of a 1-track mind
He is probably referring to this film Horus, Prince of the Suns. And the list wasn't just of Samurai films, if you bothered to look at the original list Sane posted. But otherwise you have a point...

Glad you enjoyed Samurai Rebellion so much Cricket - you rated it higher than I did You are right about Japanese films of the 60s - so many great ones. Here is my top 20 Japanese films from that period:

1. High & Low (1963) - Akira Kurosawa
2. The Human Condition III: A Soldier's Prayer (1961) - Masaki Kobayashi
3. Naked Island (1960) - Kaneto Shindo
4. Harakiri (1962) - Masaki Kobayashi
5. Late Autumn (1960) - Yasujiro Ozu
6. Autumn Has Already Started (1960) - Mikio Naruse
7. Yearning (1964) - Mikio Naruse
8. The Face of Another (1966) - Hiroshi Teshigahara
9. Woman in the Dunes (1964) - Hiroshi Teshigahara
10. Samurai Rebellion (1967) - Masaki Kobayashi

11. Thirst For Love (1966) - Koreyoshi Kurahara
12. The Inheritance (1964) - Masaki Kobayashi
13. When a Woman Ascends the Stairs (1960) - Mikio Naruse
14. Red Beard (1965) - Akira Kurosawa
15. Yojimbo (1961) - Akira Kurosawa
16. The End of Summer (1961) - Yasujiro Ozu
17. Kwaidan (1964) - Masaki Kobayashi
18. Daughters, Wives & a Mother (1960) - Mikio Naruse
19. An Autumn Afternoon (1962) - Yasjiro Ozu
20. Good-For-Nothing (1960) - Yoshishige Yoshida
I've seen 8 of those so far and already had 3 more on my watchlist. I wasn't interested in Kwaidan but will check out the others. My favorite is not on that list and I'm also looking for Red Angel.

Winter's Bone (2010) - Debra Granik

- Very good flick about family , courage and force. I love the character of Jennifer Lawrence and she's a true hero of real life without any superpowers just normal people and do everything for your family I respect that. One other thing: Jennifer Lawrence is hot.
+
This film took me by surprise - I gave it 3 and a half in my initial review, but after a rewatch it's probable that I would give it 4. Definitely Jennifer Lawrence's best performance.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

Not as good as the first but still a good movie on it's own. I think Bill Nighy is great as Davy Jones probably one of the highlights of the movie. Some complain about the long action sequences but I absolutely love the 3 way fight at the end of the movie.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)

This movie would be great if not for how jumble and confusing it gets. They are throwing all this new stuff and characters at you at once and the action sequences towards the end look cool but they get very overcrowded fast. Still a very good movie just not as good as the first 2 imo.

I've seen 8 of those so far and already had 3 more on my watchlist. I wasn't interested in Kwaidan but will check out the others. My favorite is not on that list and I'm also looking for Red Angel.
I've not seen Red Angel. The only Masumura film I've seen is Manji which was good. What is the favourite you mention? I'll make sure I watch it before submitting my list if I haven't already seen it.

I've not seen Red Angel. The only Masumura film I've seen is Manji which was good. What is the favourite you mention? I'll make sure I watch it before submitting my list if I haven't already seen it.
Onibaba

Detective Bureau 2-3: Go to Hell Bastards!

2 out of 5. Using the Netflix ratings.

I did a Mad Max marathon.

Mad Max on blu-ray: 8/10 inferior to Road Warrior but a nice beginning to the franchise no doubt.

The Road Warrior on blu-ray: 10/10 a masterpiece of the science fiction and action genres together. I saw both 1 and 2 29 years ago at age 4 and those with the Star Wars trilogy and Alien then seeing Aliens in theaters made me a sci-fi nut since then.

Mad Max Beyond thunderdome on BD: 6/10 disappointing PG-13 watered down sequel to 2 adult oriented action classics, Tina Turner does a nice performance in this movie and her song is memorable too. But it feels too much of a Peter Pan wannabe story, i'm glad Miller went back to be in control of the franchise with the fourth moving and giving back the balls to the series.

Mad Max Fury Road: 10/10 best MM since Road Warrior and nice to see it go back to the adult formula.

Seed (2007)

I got this off my disturbing movie watchlist, and I'd have to say it delivered. It's about a serial killer, and in the beginning, it shows him watching animals being beaten to death on TV. This is actual footage that was provided by PETA, and from what I understand, they received a portion of the profits from this movie. That is the kind of thing I never want to see under any circumstance, but I suppose some good came out of it. The movie also features a five minute scene in which the killer slowly beats a woman to death with a hammer. This is up there with the most disturbing scenes I've seen. There are other upsetting moments in this movie, including the ending. This is very well made for this particular kind of film, and is very dark. It could've been a great film if not for a couple of unrealistic touches, such as the killer surviving the electric chair and being buried alive. Worth watching for fans of disturbing movies.