Female Beauty We Appreciate

Tools    

Jeri Ryan was one helluva a good actress on Voyager. It was surprising, because when they first introduced her character in a cat-suit it looked like she would be all about tight fitting clothes. I'd say she certainly helped kept Voyager running all 7 seasons.
I agree. Suddenly, with her on it, she made ST:V a better watch. Not just because of her beauty but they had an extra character to hang excellent stories on. I read an interview with Ryan where she said that Kate Mulgrew treated her like crap because she didn't like her being hired. She said Mulgrew made no bones about the fact that she thought that Paramount hired Ryan for sex appeal. I agree that Paramont had that in mind but she brought talent to the role as well. She said that Mulgrew wouldn't act out parts of scenes with her and that Ryan, when the camera was just on her, had to play to a stand-in reading Janeway's part. But, on a lighter note, instead of 7 of 9, I'd refer to her as 36 of Double-D.

Jeri Ryan was one helluva a good actress on Voyager. It was surprising, because when they first introduced her character in a cat-suit it looked like she would be all about tight fitting clothes. I'd say she certainly helped kept Voyager running all 7 seasons.
She was meant to replace Kes (Jennifer Lien) who had to leave the show.

But they made quite a great choice with Ryan. Couldn't take my eyes from the show anymore.