Alien 3 Assembly Cut

Tools    

The assembly cut of Aliens 3 (1992) reaps nothing put praise on the Something Awful forums. The problem is that I can't find a copy that was released outside of the Alien Quadrilogy set. Anyone know if this cut was released on a DVD of its own?

The extended cut?
Yeah it's available as a Steel Book... both versions of the movie on one disc with a second disc containing masses of special features.
The technical name for it is "The Definitive Edition".

The extended cut?
Yeah it's available as a Steel Book... both versions of the movie on one disc with a second disc containing masses of special features.
The technical name for it is "The Definitive Edition".
I think there's a difference between the "Extended Cut" vs. "The Assembly Cut". The extended cut adds more footage, but not the footage used in the Assembly Cut (Ripley being found on a beach instead of the escape pod, the alien being birthed from an ox instead of a dog,and Bishop getting a head wound at the end, proving that he is human).

Technically, there's two movies.

The theatrical cut, which is a dog, no beach scene with the Doc...

The other cut, goes by several names but all mean the same version.
Definitive Cut, Assembly Cut, Extended Cut... but it's just different names for the same version of the film.
Assembly and Extended aren't often used to describe the second cut of the film because technically, it's neither of those things.
In effect, they are two totally different movies.

Personally I refer to it as the Definitive Version and the version with the dog as the Theatrical Version.

Definitive Version has the Ox, the beach scene, Golic (Paul McGann) has more scenes as well and is crucial to the plot about half way through... plus almost every character in the film has speaking lines instead of just being a bunch of cannon fodder.

Google either "Alien 3 Definitive Edition" or "Alien 3 Definitive Edition Steel Book" and you should be able to find it.

Technically, there's two movies.

The theatrical cut, which is a dog, no beach scene with the Doc...

The other cut, goes by several names but all mean the same version.
Definitive Cut, Assembly Cut, Extended Cut... but it's just different names for the same version of the film.
Assembly and Extended aren't often used to describe the second cut of the film because technically, it's neither of those things.
In effect, they are two totally different movies.

Personally I refer to it as the Definitive Version and the version with the dog as the Theatrical Version.

Definitive Version has the Ox, the beach scene, Golic (Paul McGann) has more scenes as well and is crucial to the plot about half way through... plus almost every character in the film has speaking lines instead of just being a bunch of cannon fodder.

Google either "Alien 3 Definitive Edition" or "Alien 3 Definitive Edition Steel Book" and you should be able to find it.
Word! Thanks for the info!