Need advice Re-organising my collection

Tools    

I recently moved to an apartment And have a mega job reorganising my DVDs which are 1500 now I don't wanna go of the obvious alphabetical order or genre pacific I want something new and interesting any tips

How about sorting them by year and then alphabetical? Or year/genre/alphabetical in that order? Or alphabetical director and year of release?

How about sorting them by year and then alphabetical? Or year/genre/alphabetical in that order? Or alphabetical director and year of release?
I might just try that still open to new advice though

A friend of mine used to have their collection in what he called "autobiographical order". The DVDs and shows were in the order he acquired them in. Though with 1500 movies I imagine you probably can't remember when you got them all. Maybe you could organize them by release date instead?

ive done it by genre,but i also do it by actors if i have alot of movies by the same.
^^^ What she said. Doing it alphabetically in seperate genres. Its like the old Blockbuster Video layout.

A friend of mine used to have their collection in what he called "autobiographical order". The DVDs and shows were in the order he acquired them in. Though with 1500 movies I imagine you probably can't remember when you got them all. Maybe you could organize them by release date instead?
That sounds pretty awesome I wish I had a photographic memory now Haha

Call me old fashioned I cant imagine arranging mine in anything but alphabetical

I use this method
the most watched movies are at hand reach while the rest are stacked unsorted and that way, I have fun by searching

I hate organization

How about genre Atlantic?

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I've done my DVDs by distributor but my Blu-Rays are in alphabetical order...now in terms of VHS, that's a whole different ballgame LOL