How do you know when a DVD/Blu-Ray is released?

Tools    

Hi all!

Do you know a good website or service online where I can be notified of all DVD / Blu-rays releases?

I would love to subscribe to some kind of service to receive the list of all new available discs out there once a week directly in my inbox.

Do you know something similar to this? How do you keep up with DVD/Blu-Ray releases?

Thanks!
Jérémy.

blu ray dot com..then just bookmark it..if you're interested in specific title you can enter your email in and get notified. I'm sure there are ways to get general release emails, as well.

Hi all!

Do you know a good website or service online where I can be notified of all DVD / Blu-rays releases?

I would love to subscribe to some kind of service to receive the list of all new available discs out there once a week directly in my inbox.

Do you know something similar to this? How do you keep up with DVD/Blu-Ray releases?

Thanks!
Jérémy.
and to elaborate, I susbscribe to all the blu ray companies on facebook such as Warner Archives, Olive Films, Kino Studio Classics, Synapse, SHOUT and Scream Factory, Arrow Films, Mill Creek (eek , 20th Century Fox, Verboeden, Unearthed, Sony, etc...

After a while you get familiar with which company specializes (or fails miserably) with what, and you check on your own accord. In doing so you learn a lot about who to keep an eye out for in terms of quality, and who you can hold in high regard.

I'm sure there are ways to get general release emails, as well.
Well I didn't find any. Does someone knows a way to achieve this?

Sure I could do like you and subscribe to all these companies but I just want to receive one email with all the releases and it feels cumbersome to have to manually check out each source separately via some facebook posts...

If I could receive an email and just tap one button to purchase a movie that I want on amazon for example that would be way better than using your solution, don't you think?

@Joel: You manually check all these facebook posts to see if something nice get through the noise?

Hi The Rodent,

Thanks for your reply but I don't want the release date of a specific movie, I know I can look on google for that, sure!

I want all the DVD/Blu-ray releases in the last week sent to my inbox.

This way I can review all the new available movies each week and purchase any of them right away from my inbox.

Well I didn't find any. Does someone knows a way to achieve this?

Sure I could do like you and subscribe to all these companies but I just want to receive one email with all the releases and it feels cumbersome to have to manually check out each source separately via some facebook posts...

If I could receive an email and just tap one button to purchase a movie that I want on amazon for example that would be way better than using your solution, don't you think?

@Joel: You manually check all these facebook posts to see if something nice get through the noise?
Just go to the home page on blu ray dot com. They list all new movies there. Simple

If you want to get an email of every single company bd release and simply click from a list, I don't know about that. I don't mind doing a little "work" for mine with a few extra clicks from bookmarked sources, but I have no idea about the way you want.

Thanks Joel I found on blu-ray.com a link "This Week on Blu-ray: October 9-15" that is the kind of content I want to receive in my inbox once a week. But I would like the movie pitch along the picture with some buy buttons near it.

I'm sure you don't mind some extra work to achieve this but I do. Thanks anyway Joel for your replies I didn't know about blu-ray.com website.

If anyone knows a website or service that can send to you by email the DVD/Blu-ray releases once a week, please feel free to respond to this thread! I'm still looking for this!

Thanks @iank for your reply (nice avatar picture btw ).

Thanks @FL3Buff_07 for your suggestions, I saw through blu-ray dot com that amazon was offering pre-ordering, I didn't know about that, which is great. I also noticed thanks to your message that these pre-ordering prices are most of time lower than the release date price. And even if the release price becomes lower for whatever reason, Amazon refunds the difference automatically (Pre-order Price Guarantee). Which means you can save money by pre-ordering your movies! Extremely interesting.

I learned a lot here! Awesome! Thanks for your replies, I think I may change a little bit the way I purchase my movies .

Here's another site that has "Release Dates and Art" at the top of the page and they discuss upcoming releases that have just been announced and also have on the main page discussions about newly released movies at the theaters and what they think. It's a really informative page, especially if you're wondering when a certain movie is coming out. Here ya go:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/

That's nice! Thanks for your reply @dadgumblah. They seem to pull out these covers from amazon. Very handy presentation. Perfect!