Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD?

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The hair has to be an attempt at holding on. It drives me crazy seeing him look like a half-assed Krusty the Klown.

Seemed a bit more scripted this time around, it's fine, but I prefer the more causual style than appearing on Kimmel

The hair has to be an attempt at holding on. It drives me crazy seeing him look like a half-assed Krusty the Klown.
LOL!

(I'm not actually laughing out loud, I'm literally saying "El Oh El!" Cute huh?)

Seemed a bit more scripted this time around, it's fine, but I prefer the more causual style than appearing on Kimmel
How did you feel about Larry being in the Mel Brooks' stage version of The Producers (the stories around which lasted for at least half a season, didn't they)? Or the Seinfeld reunion (which lasted a few episodes)?

How did you feel about Larry being in the Mel Brooks' stage version of The Producers (the stories around which lasted for at least half a season, didn't they)? Or the Seinfeld reunion (which lasted a few episodes)?
I did like those seasons quite a bit still, looking back the difference is more the enhanced production quality rather than the Kimmel appearance. Just a different feel, I'm sure I will get used to it

I did like those seasons quite a bit still, looking back the difference is more the enhanced production quality rather than the Kimmel appearance. Just a different feel, I'm sure I will get used to it
I only mentioned those episodes because they had a focus on Larry's career as a celebrity (as did the newest episode since Larry was pitching his newest production "Fatwah").

Most episodes don't focus on Larry's career, so he could almost be an "everyman" (well, at least a rich Jewish nebbishy neurotic everyman with lots of Hollywood celebrity contacts).
It follows the same formula as Seinfeld where the main character is the same as himself in real life (with the same name), but the regular supporting characters (although perhaps BASED on real people) are fictional.

Then there was the old sitcom cliche where a character would be very similar to their real self (entertainer Danny Thomas played entertainer Danny Williams in Make Room for Daddy) while their relationships and regular supporting characters would be fictional. Same with entertainer Desi Arnaz as Ricky Ricardo; basically playing a character the same as his real life persona in I Love Lucy. Meanwhile, since they were playing celebrity entertainers their shows would often feature guest appearances by real life celebrities appearing as themselves.

What's always weird (and a lot of sitcoms do this) is how many celebrities make occasional guest appearances always as themselves on Curb (Richard Lewis, Ted Danson, etc.), but other ones make occasional guest appearances as characters (Bob Einstein a.k.a. Super Dave Osborne is always "Funkhouser" and various big name celebs have played occasional or one-time characters as opposed to playing themselves: Ed Asner, Ken Howard, Vivica Fox, Tim Meadows, Larry Miller, JoAnn Worley, Stephen Colbert, etc.).

I actually have no idea what I'm going on about or what my point was!

Speaking of Larry being thinner, the only thing I really didn't care for in the new episode was Larry in the shower (I don't need to see old man body)
Yeah, I was a little taken aback by those 2 scenes.

Speaking of appearances, I thought Cheryl Hines looked very attractive still.

What episode is that?
I think it was sometime during the Seinfeld reunion (someone didn't use a coaster, left a ring on a table, and obviously was not a respecter of wood).

What episode is that?
I think it was sometime during the Seinfeld reunion (someone didn't use a coaster, left a ring on a table, and obviously was not a respecter of wood).

Ah ook i remember now yes i def respect wood, table wood only tho

Interesting to me that the show is as funny as ever even after a 6 year hiatus. Not funnier than before, but exactly the same.

Last episode had Bryan Cranston as Larry & Cheryl’s therapist-in-common. Amusing.

Anyone notice that Funkhouser has been in every episode this season so far? Why is he such a main character this season?
Nothing against Funkhouser, but what's wrong with his voice? And if he's going to be on so much, they really need to make a Super Dave Osborne reference!