First R-Rated Movie You Saw

Tools    

I did a search and didn't find any threads on this topic so please forgive me if one exists. If it does feel free to merge.

What's the first R-rated movie you recall seeing and at what age? For me it was Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, when I was about a year old or so back in the late 80s. I recall it was actually the very first movie I ever saw and and at such a young age it got me into not only Horror but movies in general. My mother was fairly permissive with what I was allowed to watch which is how I watched it. Actually a lot of Horror films at that time in general got me into movies.

My female cousin took me to see Caddyshack (1980) - it got quite embarrassing when naked breasts appeared!
I guess I was 15. I was very sheltered.

My mom wouldn't let me go see Planet of the Apes with my older brothers (when it had a resurgence in the theater sometime in the mid 70's). We weren't allowed to watch Laugh-In and, on Sunday nights, I'd sneak downstairs and try to watch Monty Python on channel 13 from the steps without getting caught!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The first R-rated movie I saw was Animal House (1978), followed a few months later by Halloween (1978). I was about 12 years old at the time. I saw both movies on bootleg VHS tapes while they were still in the theaters. My friend's older brother worked in the movie theater back then, and he used to bring home copies of movies for us to watch.

No, but I do like the Mad TV reference. Well played sir.
Sorry to disappoint, but I never saw Mad TV. All I know is Action Jackson, the 1988 movie starring Carl Weathers.

My parents never restricted me from watching R rated movies, so I was watching them really early, especially with my siblings. My Dad had a really big DVD collection, so we would watch them all the time. I remember watching Road Trip, Eurotrip, Scary Movie, Bad Santa, South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, Jeepers Creepers, Bride of Chucky, Team America, the American Pie movies, and so forth a lot in elementary school. I couldn't tell you exactly what the first one was, since I was watching them so early on, and so frequently.

What's the first R-rated movie you recall seeing and at what age? For me it was Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, when I was about a year old or so back in the late 80s. I recall it was actually the very first movie I ever saw and and at such a young age it got me into not only Horror but movies in general. .
So when you was a year old or so you watched Friday The 13th and it got you into horror movies, I believe you.

What's the first R-rated movie you recall seeing and at what age? For me it was Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, when I was about a year old or so back in the late 80s.

I'm pretty sure I was only about 5 years old when I watched Terminator 2. I watched Animal House when I was 6 or so. Didn't get any of the jokes, but the heavy titty/screen time ratio immediately catapulted it into my top ten favorite movies at the time/kept it there until I rewatched at like ten.

My dad took me to see Terminator 2 when I was 9 years old, I'm sure I saw something else before that but it would have been on TV and heavily edited.

When I was 5 or 6 I was always watching Murder She Wrote, Twilight Zone, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

I remember watching Die Hard when I was about 12

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

The People's Republic of Clogher
De Palma's Scarface is the one that I remember. I'd have been 12-ish and had rented it from the local video store who were famously lax when it came to enforcing rating restrictions.

After getting away with that (although my mum did walk in during a particularly fruity scene) I graduated to the shop's small but piquant video nasty section...

I have memories of "sleeping" on the sofa as a kid and being freaked out just by listening to Halloween and Black Christmas. But the first one I ever really saw was probably the original Elm Street, which scared the living hell out of me!