Your favorite kung fu movies?

Tools    

The most loathsome of all goblins
Drunken Master II is a classic, but I hate the butchered "Legend of the Drunken Master" cut. Anyway my personal favorite is Fist of Legend.

Drunken Master II is a classic, but I hate the butchered "Legend of the Drunken Master" cut. Anyway my personal favorite is Fist of Legend.
I agree with you on that. I do like Fist of Legend too, great film.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Anything with Bruce lee but they're pretty dated these days. I dont care, though. Two words - Bruce.Lee.

Crouching Tiger for that in your face cinematic experience and choreography.

Anything with Bruce lee but they're pretty dated these days. I dont care, though. Two words - Bruce.Lee.
I have never really understood the appeal of Bruce Lee. I watch kung-fu films for the fight choreography and the fights in his films bore me to tears. Give me a good Shaw Brothers flick over him any day

I grew up with Bruce Lee movies. I was a little girl surrounded by brothers, my sisters being much older. We'd watch a movie then go outside and BE Bruce lee. When I grew up I was going to marry him (and my other screen crush). We had a wake when he died. Hero of my childhood.

I grew up with Bruce Lee movies. I was a little girl surrounded by brothers, my sisters being much older. We'd watch a movie then go outside and BE Bruce lee. When I grew up I was going to marry him (and my other screen crush). We had a wake when he died. Hero of my childhood.
Sounds like a fun childhood. I will say I do like Lee as Kato in The Green Hornet, very fun series and one I grew up on, along with Batman.

it was fun. We were pretty wild. So many kids I think our poor mum just gave up controlling us.

it was fun. We were pretty wild. So many kids I think our poor mum just gave up controlling us.
I'm somewhat envious. I had a relatively strict Southern Baptist upbringing and only one sibling.

I had a catholic upbringing and 9 sibs. It was pretty noisy. Now I like the peace and quiet so get up before dawn. Best time of the day.

Snake in the eagle's shadow... pure awesomeness with young jackie chan... for me it is the essence of kung fu movies

Bruce Lee was the star that caused the martial art phenomena back in the 70s and made martial arts popular in the west.
I dont know how anyone could say that they found Bruce Lee fight scenes boring as they were better than anything around at that time by quite away and while Bruce Lee may have a legendary status as a fighter that he may not deserve his influence on movies is undeniable.

Favourite martial arts movies of mine include the following.

Ong Bak
Snake In The Monkey's Shadow
Fighter In The Wind
Meals On Wheels
Undisputed 3
Revenge Of The Ninja
Enter The Dragon
Ip Man
Blood Sport
Danny The Dog

“I was cured, all right!”
Police Story < NUMBER ONE
Fist of Legend
Enter the Dragon
Game of Death
Five Element Ninjas
Dragons Forever
The Raid 1
The Raid 2
Man of Taichi
SPL: Killzone
Ip Man
Once Upon a Time in China

There's many others!

Bruce lee could be boring as his fight feel one sided or being overpowered in most occasion(or at least that what I feel)

I love Police Story. First time I saw it I was about 10 years old.
I never knew what hit me in the face. Some of the stunts are seriously nuts.

Never been a huge fan of Bruce Lee's movies personally. I get the attraction, but I preferred the man and his mind to his films.

I like Kung Fu Hustle myself. Funny as hell. I was expecting something quirky, but it's like, a comic-book fantasy.
Made me a fan of Stephen Chow as well.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Ones that come to mind off the top of me head

Crouching Tiger
House of Flying Daggers
Enter the Dragon
Drunken Master
The Chinese Connection
36 Chambers of the Shaolin
Fist of Fury
Iron Monkey

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Drunken Master II - I have the original two-tape Tai Seng copy, which has the crazy ending attached!
Hitman in the Hand of Buddha - the opening and third acts are great as we see Korean superkicker Hwang Jung-Lee (who played Jackie Chan's main baddies in Snake in Eagle's Shadow and the original Drunken Master) as the hero for the first time in his career!
Shaolin Temple - Jet Li's film debut, an epic display of wushu. The "four seasons" scene is one of the highlights.
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin aka Master Killer - Gordon Liu of Kill Bill fame in his breakout and iconic role of the man who would become Abbot San Te of the Shaolin Temple.
Drunken Tai Chi - Donnie Yen's lead role debut as him learning Tai Chi from the most unexpected of teachers, a crazy looking puppet master played by Yuen Cheung-Yan, who trained the stars of 2000's and 2003's Charlie's Angels movies.
Butterfly and Sword - Michelle Yeoh as a human bow with Tony Leung Chiu-Wai as the human arrow and Donnie Yen also gets in on some nice fights. This one involves has a love square (Yeoh loves Leung; Leung loves Joey Wong; Yen loves Yeoh).
Fist of Fury - Bruce Lee...dojo scene...nuff said. I rank this above Enter the Dragon as my favorite Bruce Lee film.
The Secret Rivals - Southern Fist Wang Tao and Northern Kicker John Liu vs. Silver Fox Hwang Jung-Lee
Five Element Ninjas - loads of bloodletting, love the final act where the heroes take on the Five Element Ninjas!
Shaolin Deadly Kicks aka Flash Legs - Cop Tan Tao-Liang tracks down members of a notorious gang and taking their pieces of a map when they try to fight him. Tan is truly one of the flashiest kickers in classic kung fu films. His left leg is like a machine gun the way Ken Low's legs were like in Drunken Master II.

I love Iron Monkey loads as the whole setup is amazing and the fight scenes breathtakingly cool.
Am also a huge fan of Hand of Death also for both the amusing characters but also the excellent mix of styles shown and a brilliant final battle.
My absolute favourite though is The 36th Chamber of Shalion, it has everything a good martial arts film needs

“I was cured, all right!”
Police Story series
SPL Killzone
SPL 2 A Time for Consequence
Ong Bak
Fist of Legend
Once Upon a Time in China series
THE RAID 1
THE RAID 2

Watch The Raid!!

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
1. Kung Fu Hustle.
2. Hero
3. Return of the Dragon/Way of the Dragon
4. Fist of Legend
5. Meals on Wheels
6. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
7. Ip Man
8. Drunken Master 2
9. Unleashed/Danny the Dog
10. Fearless