Watching With No Expectations

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oh! I remember now the new flick Yoda and I were griping about ... with TV trailers that tell way too many of the plot points: Untraceable.

Couldn't they have just hinted at the one major gist of this movie without showing us about four plot high points in a single commercial? Honestly, my first contact with this movie's main plot sounded interesting. But now that they're showing these more revealing commercials, I'm actually LESS interested in the movie.

Same thing happened with I Am Legend. The first commercials were mostly shots of Smith alone with the dog in N.Y.C. Once the commercials started including brief shots of the creatures, I lost a lot of interest.

I don't know why studios think we want the entire plot summarized in a commercial. I know I don't.

Couldn't they have just hinted at the one major gist of this movie without showing us about four plot high points in a single commercial? Honestly, my first contact with this movie's main plot sounded interesting. But now that they're showing these more revealing commercials, I'm actually LESS interested in the movie.
To me that just shows me a film that I will most likely never see, if the trailer seems really long and full of stuff, I just figure that's all the movie has to offer and most times I'm right. So why bother? I already saw all the supposed *good* parts you know? Now if its got some actors that I really like or is being directed or produced by someone I really like I may skip my little rule and even then I am often not entertained. So my advice... Skip it. Pick it up in the $4.99 bin at Hollywood Video in a couple of years.

A great example recently for me is Beowolf, we were just absolutely inundated with this movie on every freaking channel at all hours of the day. To me. Very bad sign. It may even be a good movie, but its going to be awhile before I see it. I'm just silly that way.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Well guys, I just finished American Dreamz about an hour ago, let me tell you; It WAS AMAZING, one of the best satires I have seen, although during it I sometimes felt I was in a bad spoof. Writing review now