Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I guess that is one way to put it… but I was actually referring more to the fact that to American Indians, the colonial settlers were the occupying force… and that for them (the settlers), the occupation worked out quiet well…
Yeah, I thought you meant that but I wasn't sure. You're right of course, only I don't think that genocide and colonialism usually are viewed on as the same thing as one military force occupying another country and that country's military force, if we want to get all technical about it. But in the history of Europe robbing the rest of the world the situation with both North and South America could be considered as the most "successful" one on Europe's behalf, that is true. However, it would be kind of hard to single out who the "real" americans are today and who's entitled to the land generations and generations after the genocide started. I'm sure that Robbins, although he's white, views himself as an american and not as a european, and what else could he do.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.