Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: Jaden

Tools    

Where were you born?

Do you have any sibling?

Do you have any children?

Where would you travel to, if you could pick any place at all?

Why?

What is your favorite color?

What is your favorite food?

What is your favorite dessert?

Can you cook and/or bake?

What is your favorite restaurant?

What is your favorite song?

What is your favorite music genre?

Do you prefer board games, or computer games?

What is your favorite sport?

What is your favorite hobby, besides watching movies?

What is your favorite TV show?

What is your least favorite TV show?

What is your favorite theater snack?

Theater, or home theater?

If you had to throw away all your movies but one, which one would you keep?

Do you avoid watching certain movies, simply because of an actor that is in them?

Name 5 actors you would love to meet, and why. What would you want to do to, or with them?

How many new movies do you watch per year?

Name the movie you hate the most.

Name the oldest movie you've seen.

Name the newest movie you've seen.

What is your favorite movie genre?

Who is your favorite action star?

What is your favorite decade of movies?

What is your favorite movie for each genre . . .

Horror?
Sci-fi?
Suspense Thriller?
Comedy?
Action?
Drama?
Musicals?
Westerns?
Martial Arts?
War?

If you could look like anyone famous, who would it be?

Do you share a birthday with anyone famous?

If so, who all do you share that day with?

A system of cells interlinked
Who's Jaden?

And...welcome back!

I think Superman Returns sucks!! Prove me wrong?

A spin-off movie suggestion based on any one character from the Star Wars saga?

Would you rather be an Ewok or Gungan?

Favourite fictional Planet?

Jesus vs Jedis?

Can Jedis walk over water?

Here goes!

Where were you born?
Richmond, Virginia USA

Do you have any sibling?
One sister, who is 2 years younger than me.

Do you have any children?
No, but my hubby and I are trying.

Where would you travel to, if you could pick any place at all?
Israel

Why?
It is where Jesus walked.

What is your favorite color?
Red

What is your favorite food?
Maryland Blue Crabs (I grew up in Maryland)

What is your favorite dessert?
Cheesecake

Can you cook and/or bake?
Not really.

What is your favorite restaurant?
Chef Wang's (A local Chinese buffet)

What is your favorite song? "
Eyes of Love" by Eric Carr

What is your favorite music genre?
Hard Rock

Do you prefer board games, or computer games?
Board games

What is your favorite sport?
Baseball

What is your favorite hobby, besides watching movies?
Drawing/Painting

What is your favorite TV show?
NCIS

What is your least favorite TV show?
South Park (Don't hate me!)

What is your favorite theater snack?
Popcorn

Theater, or home theater?
Theater

If you had to throw away all your movies but one, which one would you keep?
Star Wars Episode IV (A New Hope)

Do you avoid watching certain movies, simply because of an actor that is in them?
Yes (but I have broken that rule before.)

Name 5 actors you would love to meet, and why. What would you want to do to, or with them?
1. Carrie Fisher - We have so much in common in real life. I would talk to her about her experiences with Bipolar, which I also have, and just talk with her about "stuff." I think we would get along well.
2. Pauley Perrette - She seems like a cool person. She is Abby on NCIS and has small parts in movies (Legally Blonde), but she also was the singer in the band Lo-Ball and I love her music. I am so boring. I would just talk to her, probably bring her some weird goth drawing or gift. LOL!

3. Brandon Routh - I am not sure if I am in the minority here, but I love Superman Returns. I love how it continued where the first two Superman movies left off. I was born in 1976 and I think one of the the first movies I remember seeing was Superman. I really think Brandon did a super job of portraying Superman because I was scared when I went to see it. I mean Christopher Reeve was Superman to me. Right? So I had high expectations. I developed a crush on Brandon so that is why I want to meet him. I would probably ask him about the movie. And look at him a lot.
4. Hugh Laurie - I love everything he does. I have not seen him in some of his movies, but I love him in House, as most of you know him as, but I also love his prior British television career in "Blackadder" as Prince George and Lt. George, and also in his show with Stephen Fry called "A Bit of Fry & Laurie." I would ask Hugh to play me some of his awesome funny songs he wrote from his British humor days, especially "Mystery." Look it up on YouTube, it is funny! I think I am in love with the man!
5. Rowan Atkinson - Not because of Mr. Bean. No, I love him for his sitcom stuff in England (Blackadder) and because of my favorite movie of mine he does, Johnny English. It is one of my favorite films and I find myself just going back to that movie and watching it over and over. Rowan is so funny and talented. Not sure what I would do with him. I think meeting him would be enough because he is just such a naturally funny person. I would be entertained just saying "Hello," and seeing his response.

How many new movies do you watch per year? 10-12 - I admit a lot of the movies are "new to me" because I just started watching movies a lot in the past 5 years. I have a lot of catching up to do!

Name the movie you hate the most.
A Christmas Story

Name the oldest movie you've seen.
Bridge On the River Kwai

Name the newest movie you've seen.
Either The Knowing or The Orphan (It has been a slow year for my hubby and me. )

What is your favorite movie genre?
Adventure/Sci-Fi

Who is your favorite action star?
Harrison Ford

What is your favorite decade of movies?
1970s (tough one!)

What is your favorite movie for each genre . . .

Horror?
Final Destination (Yeah, lame, but I do not like horror much.)
Sci-fi? Star Wars Episode IV
Suspense Thriller? Minority Report
Comedy?
Johnny English
Action? Independence Day
Drama? Superman
Musicals? *I dislike musicals*
Westerns? Blazing Saddles (loosely a western)
Martial Arts? Kung Fu Enter the Fist (the only one I have seen, actually)
War?
The Bridge On the River Kwai

If you could look like anyone famous, who would it be?
Pauley Perrette

Do you share a birthday with anyone famous?
Quite a few, too many to list here.

If so, who all do you share that day with?
James Doohan (Scotty from Star Trek) YESS!!!!! Beam me up! And Alexander Graham Bell and Jessica Beil.

That was fun! Any more for me!!!???? Thanks for the opportunity to let yo get to know me!
At times, being bipolar can be an all-consuming challenge, requiring a lot of stamina and even more courage, so if you're living with this illness and functioning at all, it's something to be proud of, not ashamed of.
~Carrie Fisher

I think Superman Returns sucks!! Prove me wrong? You are entitled to your opinion. I am not here to debate opinions. I respect your opinion totally! I cannot begin to change your mind and do not want to.

A spin-off movie suggestion based on any one character from the Star Wars saga? Mara Jade Skywalker (Luke's wife). Well, that is my secret fantasy because she is my favorite character. It would never work without the regulars so it is not realistic.

Would you rather be an Ewok or Gungan? Neither. I respect both bit I would much rather be a protocol droid than be a clumsy Gungan or a rock-wielding Ewok. Don't get me wrong. I love them both. Just not enough to be one.

Favourite fictional Planet? Naboo.

Jesus vs Jedis? Jesus for sure!

Can Jedis walk over water? No. But tey do have special secret stone steps on at one of their old Academies that are barely below water and can only be accessed by knowing the Force. It gives the elision of walking on water. If the Jedi is foolish and not paying attention, he will fall into the water. It is a secret passage way to a private place.

How did I do?

I'm not sure, but hopefully she returns to answer these.

Thanks!
Meesa here and answering like a mad woman!

Great answers, But I was looking for an explanation as to why you love Superman Returns. I wasn't expecting you to change my mind, that would never happen.

BTW Luke had a wife??
I love Superman returns because it went back to the first two Superman movies and took off from there. When I was a kid, I loved those first two movies. And when I saw Superman Returns, I felt like I was watching Superman 3. Not the actual Superman 3, but I guess the way it SHOULD have been. With Lois and Lex and the way it should have been. It was not way off base. And I liked the storyline, the actors....it was nostalgia for me. I was a very young child when I watched Superman for the first time in my grandparents' living room with my parents, baby sister, grandparents, lying there on the floor in front of the TV. I fell in love with the movies.

I was not sure I would love the remake. But the magic was there for me. I was truly surprised and I sat there at the end thinking, "Wow."

Anyway, yes, Luke got married and has a kid, Ben. If you like Star Wars, the novels are really good. They are addictive. I am a big geek. I have red hair and green eyes like Mara Jade (his wife) and the strong-willed attitude to match, so I want to join the costuming group to dress as her for charities and stuff. I need to lose some weight to be Mara-ready, though. I am losing weight pretty fast though. Thyroid problem is finally being fixed.

Anyway, I hope I explained that well!

Which is the worst of the Star Wars movies (You have to pick one)

Have you seen Dune?

You said somewhee that you'd like to work for LucasArts or something like that, what would you like to work as... & can we see some of your work?

Which actor should play Superman in the upcoming film...

Who should be the villain?

You read comics?

What Star Wars merchandise do you own?

Which is the worst of the Star Wars movies (You have to pick one): The Phantom Menace (My least favorite)

Have you seen Dune? No. It looks...interesting. Will have to check it out. I have just gotten back into movies in the past 5 years so I have a lot of catching up to do!

You said somewhee that you'd like to work for LucasArts or something like that, what would you like to work as... & can we see some of your work? I want to work for Industrial Light & Magic as a Digital Matte Artist or Roto Artist. I will post a link to my DeviantArt account in my signature tomorrow after I post some of my new drawings in it.

Which actor should play Superman in the upcoming film... I REALLY think Brandon Routh should, but of the choices I am seeing, Matt Bomer is my favorite. I have a crush on him. I know, I am SUCH a girl. He would look good I think and I think he is a good actor.

Who should be the villain? Bring back Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor.

You read comics? Not really. I have some, but I have such a hard time following them. I love the art in them though.

What Star Wars merchandise do you own? I get what I can find and afford. I have a few bobbleheads, action figures, lightsabers, etc. One of my favorites is The Force Trainer. It uses brain waves to raise a ball in a tube to certain levels. It is really cool and helps me relax by using biofeedback. My other favorite is my rare Mara Jade action figure. When it comes to my Star Wars stuff, I have so many faves. Those two stand out right now.

QUICK NOTE: I love movies not because critics love them or because they are made well. I like them because they entertain me. If the CG sucks, it is not necessarily an issue to me. If the acting sucks, it is not necessarily bad. It is an experience for me. It is the movie as a whole that I love. If I like it, then I like it. Sometimes the reasons are sentimental and that fits in with the entertainment value. But bottom line, I just want to have fun.

I wanted to let you know I have not added my DeviantArt to my signature because I have had an overwhelming weekend. I found out my grandmother has about a week to live and I have not felt much like putting my art on my site. I will get to it, I promise. Thanks.

Sorry I have not been round. Got pneumonia for 2 months. I have been getting tests for Cushing's Disease...all sorts of great stuff. I even picked up a new hernia on my trip away from the board. I like this grilling stuff though. I will have to get involved in some grilling. (I will try not to burn anyone!)

But right now I am at the end of my semester in school and I have been drawing almost constantly for my drawing class so my time has been between that and being sick and in pain.

So I will be around when I can until I can be here more.

Thanks. I am hoping all this will bring about a huge improvement in my health very soon.

Do you have any pets? Yes

If so, what kind and what are their names? 3 Dogs: Barney (Half lab/Half Beagle), Millie (Half Basset Hound/Half Jack Russell Terrier, and Leia (Half Rat Terrier/Half Jack Russell; and 2 Cats: Simba (Orange Tabby) and Princess (Black Tortoise).