Pitch Your Movie Based on Current Events

Tools    

Flight II: Redemption

The Russian equivalent of William "Whip" Whitaker is serving his time in a European prison when he is approached by a representative of Boeing and the CIA. Here's the deal. He will be released from prison and given a new identity if he helps steal a four hundred million dollar asset back from Russia, a Boeing 777. Four pilots have been selected to enter Russia to bring a few high-value assets back to the West. The Russian government has scheduled four airliners to fly to a airbase relatively close to Finnish border for evaluation/conversion to become exclusively Aeroflot owned/maintained. The plan is for the stolen airliners to go radio silent at the moment when the planes are closest to the border, go full throttle, and do their best not to be shot down by surface to air missiles and Russian interceptors.

Boeing just wants its property back.

The CIA wants some goodies that it left planted on some of these planes to not be discovered.

Our Russian pilot just wants his life back.

Along the way, however, our pilot will have to decide whether to expose the CIA's dangerous goodies to the world (a secret which itself could start a wider war and the only reason why such a foolhardy mission was ever approved) and whether or not to load his plane with desperate dissidents who want to escape to the new Iron Curtain (who knows, maybe some of them are Ukranian?). The third act features our hero's airliner loaded with dissidents flying 500 feet off the ground at 500 miles per hour. The climax is when they enter Finnish air space and pursuing Russian interceptors have to decide if they want to tangle with the Finnish air force. More than one plane is being stolen, so yes, we can shoot down a few airliner. Only our hero's plane, loaded with families, is guaranteed (via character shield) to make it to the "Finnish Line" (see what I did there?).

Jared Leto wakes up from extended sleep deprivation chamber, doesn't realize Sean Penn knew how to smelt

Sean Penn smelts, heals world.
Hmm, can we have celebrities sing "Imagine" over the closing credits?

It can't be that easy to melt Oscars or we don't have a movie. It must be the case that they're really tough and can only be melted down in Mt. Box Office Doom. Penn has been selected for this mission, because he's been there many times.

My Cat Just Vomited On The Floor: The Movie

I could get into the particulars of the films plot mechanics. Its twists, its turns. Or I could get technical about how I would like Roger Deakins to light my dingy living room, in such a way to give every gurgling heave of my Maine Coon its proper majestic effect. But I think the title sells itself.

In a world where conspiracies reign...

A young, gay, black actor who is just trying to find the success & notoriety he strove for his whole life (along with a late-night sub sandwich) is suddenly caught up and set up in a whirlwind of international intrigue when he is thrust into the public eye in a way he never asked for... as his greatest nightmare becomes reality and he is manipulated by forces too embedded in nefariousness for even society to comprehend!

His punishment is only beginning after he suffers abuse, assault and discrimination only to culminate in not being believed by authorities when he himself is accused & tried for a crime he never committed - the very crime committed against him - where betrayal is the name of the game and where the victim becomes the villain - and he is cast into a hell he never could have imagined!

Finally, the senses-shattering true story can be told in "Jussie!"

Starring

Jussie Smollett as Jussie Smollett
Lou Gossett Jr. as Chief of Police Johnson
John Malkovich as Rahm Emmanuel
Wanda Sykes as Lori Lightfoot
Gabriel Union as Kim Foxx
with Ronde and Tiki Barber as the Osundairo brothers.

In a world where conspiracies reign...

A young, gay, black actor who is just trying to find the success & notoriety he strove for his whole life (along with a late-night sub sandwich) is suddenly caught up and set up in a whirlwind of international intrigue when he is thrust into the public eye in a way he never asked for... as his greatest nightmare becomes reality and he is manipulated by forces too embedded in nefariousness for even society to comprehend!

His punishment is only beginning after he suffers abuse, assault and discrimination only to culminate in not being believed by authorities when he himself is accused & tried for a crime he never committed - the very crime committed against him - where betrayal is the name of the game and where the victim becomes the villain - and he is cast into a hell he never could have imagined!

Finally, the senses-shattering true story can be told in "Jussie!"

Starring

Jussie Smollett as Jussie Smollett
Lou Gossett Jr. as Chief of Police Johnson
John Malkovich as Rahm Emmanuel
Wanda Sykes as Lori Lightfoot
Gabriel Union as Kim Foxx
with Ronde and Tiki Barber as the Osundairo brothers.

Wanda Sykes is a stroke of genius, but can we really trust Jussie to play Jussie? Don't we need someone believable?

I have an idea...

After a wealthy newspaper tycoon says "rosebud" before dying, a news reporter is tasked to determine the meaning of his final word.

That hasn't been done before, right?

I can get behind this with a sci-fi spin akin to the “Body Snatchers” franchise.
Invasion Of The Vomit Snatchers
"A night at the movies doesn't get sicker than this!"

I'd prolly buy a ticket

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Aliens finally visit, and find there's no one left, so they observe everything and can't understand why we're so self-destructive, and uncover truth, but because of advanced news by the New York Times (the official leak of the CIA), the last thing we see is:

"NUCLEAR WAR ENDS WORLD: WOMEN AND MINORITIES HIT HARDEST"