Demolition man thread

→ in
Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
lol true.

Do you think the movie would have been better if it wasn't an action movie though? I feel like all the ingredients are here for a straight up dark comedy satire, in the same kind of tone of something like The Truman Show. It's almost as if the script was written as more of a dark comedy thriller satire, but then someone came along later, and said, let's make it an action movie.

But perhaps they could have built towards a more through provoking third act and ending, if they didn't concentrate as much on action maybe?

A system of cells interlinked
As I have mentioned in the Shoutbox before, the people that made this film were either incredibly astute in their prognostications, or they were time travelers.

This video from Sargon goes in depth into how accurate this thing really was in predicting the state of affairs today.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

He lost me at, “I’m lookin’ at you Predator II”.

No you’re not. Nobody is. 🤫

Welcome to the human race...
Bah, it figures that anti-PC types like Sargon or Critical Drinker would like this.

Oh okay. One more thing, is if the hostages were already dead before, and were not killed in the explosion, wouldn't the pathologist who performed the autopsies on them testify to this though? Wouldn't he say there killed before, and Spartan and his attorney could use this as a hole in a Phoenix's framing plan?

I mean I assume the pathologist's findings would be credible to the police, wouldn't they?
Not unless Phoenix killed them at the last minute before Spartan showed up (thus obscuring the time of death) and used a method of killing them that could still be plausibly blamed on Spartan.

Bah, it figures that anti-PC types like Sargon, Critical Drinker, and Sedai would like this.
FIFY!

I've never heard of Critical Drinker, btw.

He's the guy who made the video that Rodent and doubledenim linked.

Yea, I figured that out about 5 seconds after I posted. I am at work, so I can't watch that vid until i get home.

The Sargon video is pretty good, regardless of your stance on the creator. For the record, i am not a big fan of Sargon, but I do check out his stuff from time to time.

I didn't think that the current political situation with all the riots going on, was similar to Demolition Man particularly. I watched the videos, but it seems to me that you can apply any movie with a coup being attempted and say it's comparable day, or no?

I'm not American so I am looking at this situation as an outsider, but wouldn't a more comparable movie to today, be The Birth of a Nation (1915) maybe? In that movie, you have a lot of people wanting to attempt coup so black people can have more freedoms.

That kind of seems to be what's going on in the US right now because of the black lives matter riots and protests. So I thought something like The Birth of a Nation is more comparable to today, than Demolition Man.

I didn't think that the current political situation with all the riots going on, was similar to Demolition Man particularly. I watched the videos, but it seems to me that you can apply any movie with a coup being attempted and say it's comparable day, or no?

I'm not American so I am looking at this situation as an outsider, but wouldn't a more comparable movie to today, be The Birth of a Nation (1915) maybe? In that movie, you have a lot of people wanting to attempt coup so black people can have more freedoms.

That kind of seems to be what's going on in the US right now because of the black lives matter riots and protests. So I thought something like The Birth of a Nation is more comparable to today, than Demolition Man.
The video I posted was made before the riot situation developed, so the riots and upheaval regarding race don't really come into play. The film is spot on in all the areas it covers though, IMO.

Oh I see, I watched The Critical Drinker one, but missed the other one. My mistake.

how to use the 3 sea shells one for scaping ur butt the other to scap off the crap then wipe the last sea shell with leftovers on ur butt then clean them with water and soap thats how u use the 3 sea shells....