What is your favourite movie trilogy?

Tools    

Me to my favourite movie "The lord of the rings"

I dunno. I guess the first three Sleepaway Camp films. I like the first one waaaaay more than the other two, but those still left an impression on me and I had a lot of fun with them. There are two fourth films so you could say they cancel each other out or something, also no one cares about those ones (I did like the one of those I saw, Return to Sleepaway Camp).

Have fun finding it, though. It isn't cheap. Awesome, but spendy, but worth the money.
Oh, cool! It's on Netflix.

I dunno. I guess the first three Sleepaway Camp films. I like the first one waaaaay more than the other two, but those still left an impression on me and I had a lot of fun with them. There are two fourth films so you could say they cancel each other out or something, also no one cares about those ones (I did like the one of those I saw, Return to Sleepaway Camp).
What was the fifth fourth one?

Now, now, that's not really true. For instance, Halloween I, II, and H2O make up a perfect trilogy. Therefore, I get to not have the other, stupider sequels in my repertoire. QED. Indiana Jones undoubtedly works on the same principle, since "Crystal Skull" falls into the same disreputable category as "Curse of Michael Myers".
C'mon now! You should know better than to randomly pick three movies from a series and fabricate them into a "trilogy". It doesn't work that way. The true sense of the term means THREE movies in chronological order and no more than those three that were filmed.

I don't actually wear pants.
Oh, cool! It's on Netflix.
Well, there you go. Perfect. I hope you like it! I won't say "enjoy" because the trilogy is more brutal and heart-wrenching than anything, so it's not something you "enjoy" as much as "appreciate". So, uh, appreciate?

My favorite is Back To The Future.

It's not a trilogy.
I think if people are calling the original Star Wars a trilogy I can get away with the original Indy . In a way, I'm talking more about those than Crystal Skull anyway.

C'mon now! You should know better than to randomly pick three movies from a series and fabricate them into a "trilogy". It doesn't work that way. The true sense of the term means THREE movies in chronological order and no more than those three that were filmed.
For what it's worth, my selection isn't really random. H2O itself seems to disregard the later sequels, and continue the story twenty years after Part II as though the others had never happened, so we seem to have a choice of story arcs to acknowledge.

It's OK, though; your points are well-taken in any case.

For what it's worth, my selection isn't really random. H2O itself seems to disregard the later sequels, and continue the story twenty years after Part II as though the others had never happened, so we seem to have a choice of story arcs to acknowledge.

It's OK, though; your points are well-taken in any case.
No offense meant. However we look at it, I think we agree that the first two and H20 rule and the rest don't count.

H20 is awful, 1 and 3 are the only good ones imo. Not seen 6 tho, maybe that's outstanding. Probably not.

The Godfather III is a great film, best trilogy.
Are you serious? What is so bad about #2? And #3 has very little to do with the original story. As for H20, that's how the story should have ended instead of dragging it along into more Hollywood $$$ bullsh*t.

Are you serious? What is so bad about #2? And #3 has very little to do with the original story. As for H20, that's how the story should have ended instead of dragging it along into more Hollywood $$$ bullsh*t.
I really couldn't give you any actual reasons for any of the Halloween's being good or bad coz i haven't watched any of them in years. So yeah whatever you are probably correct.

Three is the second best tho and it's the only other good one, that's a proven fact.

Mine: a tie between The Lord Of The Rings trilogy and Star Wars Original trilogy. Down with the Prequel and everything that follows, and The Hobbit.