Coronavirus changes that you will continue to adopt ...

Tools    

I'm not sure what I will continue to do. I have to wear a mask while at work when I am not at my desk. I just continue to use the mask after work when I need to go out. I stick with the same restaurants and the same stores since the beginning of the pandemic. Other than going to my mom's or my sister's houses, I don't go anywhere else near their side of town or anywhere other than whereabouts I live.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
We've stopped eating out, and it will probably be a very long time before we go back to a restaurant, or even fast food. The only food or drink we've bought while out since March is Big Gulps and Slurpees at 7-11. But on the bright side, we've found a lot of great "quick and easy" and "5-minute microwave meals" recipes on the internet, so we'll be trying some new meals a lot in the future.

We used to go to buffet restaurants a lot, but it's unlikely that we'll ever feel safe eating in a restaurant where customers serve themselves anymore, so I doubt we'll ever go back to a buffet restaurant again.

We used to go to Dave & Busters a lot, but they still haven't reopened. I doubt they'll find a safe way to reopen any time soon, so we probably won't be going there for a long time either.

We'll probably continue to keep hand sanitizers and wipes with us whenever we go out, and I doubt we'll go back to shaking hands with people when this is all over.

I'm definitely going to be picking my nose in my vehicle more. What a great idea! Whoever said that is a genius.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
You can scratch your brain with that feeng.

We've stopped eating out, and it will probably be a very long time before we go back to a restaurant, or even fast food. The only food or drink we've bought while out since March is Big Gulps and Slurpees at 7-11. But on the bright side, we've found a lot of great "quick and easy" and "5-minute microwave meals" recipes on the internet, so we'll be trying some new meals a lot in the future.
This may not be your reasoning, but I'll piggyback on this and say that the pandemic has definitely made it clear how little most of us "need" a lot of fast food or restaurant craving items. There's stuff I miss, and I'm sure I'd like it, but on those occasions where I've been able to stop myself from having stuff for a couple of months, I've found it does sorta break the spell it has on you. It comes right back if you have it again, of course. But I imagine a lot of people have gone a month or two without that stuff and realized "hey, I guess it's not so bad not to have that."

The Adventure Starts Here!
This may not be your reasoning, but I'll piggyback on this and say that the pandemic has definitely made it clear how little most of us "need" a lot of fast food or restaurant craving items. There's stuff I miss, and I'm sure I'd like it, but on those occasions where I've been able to stop myself from having stuff for a couple of months, I've found it does sorta break the spell it has on you. It comes right back if you have it again, of course. But I imagine a lot of people have gone a month or two without that stuff and realized "hey, I guess it's not so bad not to have that."
Food-wise, I totally agree with you. But since I hate cooking, it was really tough there in the beginning when everything was closed because that meant cooking ALL THE TIME. And remember, since I'm the homebody in our relationship, I also cook breakfasts and pack lunches for work. And I hate doing that stuff, so it's been vexing to be not only stuck in the house so much, but stuck inside doing the stuff I like the least.

But yes, we are inadvertently eating healthier when we're here (most of the time, of course), since ordering via Instacart, Amazon Pantry, and Walmart grocery pickup means more thoughtful choices and virtually no impulse purchases. I grab my shopping list, sit at the computer and type in each item on the site, add it to the cart, then checkout. No alluring packaging staring at me from the aisle as I waltz around the store...

No alluring packaging staring at me from the aisle as I waltz around the store...
If'n'when things get more back to normal you could try foxtrotting rather than waltzing as you may find you move through the aisles that bit faster

For me, it's not just about not craving fast food anymore. It's more about having to worry that the person making the food could be positive for the virus, but not know it because they're asymptomatic. How do I know if they're following all of the protocols properly, and even if they are, is there still a chance that they could pass the virus to their customers? It's just not worth it to me to take that chance.

Food-wise, I totally agree with you. But since I hate cooking, it was really tough there in the beginning when everything was closed because that meant cooking ALL THE TIME. And remember, since I'm the homebody in our relationship, I also cook breakfasts and pack lunches for work. And I hate doing that stuff, so it's been vexing to be not only stuck in the house so much, but stuck inside doing the stuff I like the least.

But yes, we are inadvertently eating healthier when we're here (most of the time, of course), since ordering via Instacart, Amazon Pantry, and Walmart grocery pickup means more thoughtful choices and virtually no impulse purchases. I grab my shopping list, sit at the computer and type in each item on the site, add it to the cart, then checkout. No alluring packaging staring at me from the aisle as I waltz around the store...

I hate cooking too, but I've found a lot of easy-to-make microwave recipes on the internet. There's very little actual cooking involved, and most of them have a prep time that's under 5 minutes. Plus, you can experiment with them to make them more to your own tastes than the way they're listed.

This is one of the videos that I found a few days ago. I have all the ingredients for the pizza, and I'm planning to try it later this week.

we *do* still sing.
We have all the safety protocols that you have. I just didn’t mention them all.

No, singing is strictly forbidden. Actually last Sunday our female cantor returned (sans choir), which was nice. She sang from the organ loft & sounded in fine voice. I was disappointed that our priest did not acknowledge her return so we could all applause her. Very strange omission IMO.

So to be a little more serious: I will probably stop caring about others reactions, which is kinda a good thing. Not having that lower part of the face makes reading people difficult. So it’ll just be easier to become a curmudgeon.

I greatly miss eating out and water fountains. I think the loss of water fountains is going to cripple our supply of potable water even more. I’m not seeing any signs yet that they will bounce back.
I’m doing the same thing. People are so annoying & I am starting to speak up, which I usually don’t do.

Water fountains? Do you mean drinking water fountains? Ugh, always avoided those before COVID & not gonna go near one ever again.

The Adventure Starts Here!
We have all the safety protocols that you have. I just didn’t mention them all.

No, singing is strictly forbidden. Actually last Sunday our female cantor returned (sans choir), which was nice. She sang from the organ loft & sounded in fine voice. I was disappointed that our priest did not acknowledge her return so we could all applause her. Very strange omission IMO.
Our denomination sings psalms only, a cappella. (No hymns.) It's a vital part of our worship, and since we feel God commands singing in his worship, we've taken extra efforts to be sure we can keep singing safely.

Your cantor would have been beautiful to hear, especially after an absence of any singing at all. (It should have at least been acknowledged in the church bulletin or something!)

Glad you are staying safe!!

Glad you are staying safe!!
Thanks. Same to you.

Another thing I didn’t mention that I will continue to use are handi-wipes, baby wipes, etc. I got rather addicted to using these.

I'll probably continue to stock pile and buy in larger quantities than I use to. So far this has worked to my advantage as I'm able to buy a case of beer whenever we go to Costco, just in case there's ever a beer shortage

Now that would really tip my husband over the edge.
I limit myself to one 12 ounce beer before dinner and after the work day is done. I wish the work day was done right now! But it's not, I'm just on a break.

You ready? You look ready.

Water fountains? Do you mean drinking water fountains? Ugh, always avoided those before COVID & not gonna go near one ever again.
Yup, drinking water fountains. I like legit depend on them. I was drinking from them before they cut them off. And I think it’s insane to cut out something that we haven’t even studied.

Like no one knows if Covid spreads via water fountains so why are we closing them? Lack of sense from everyone involved in this mess. The longer it goes on the more I disbelieve everything they are saying.

And not getting a haircut has been working out great. I think I will keep that up.

I limit myself to one 12 ounce beer before dinner and after the work day is done. I wish the work day was done right now! But it's not, I'm just on a break.
Life’s too short. Treat yourself to a beer right now.

Yup, drinking water fountains. I like legit depend on them. I was drinking from them before they cut them off. And I think it’s insane to cut out something that we haven’t even studied. Like no one knows if Covid spreads via water fountains so why are we closing them?
I wasn’t thinking about Covid, per se. I don’t drink water from a drinking fountain because people’s mitts & mouths have been all over them. So very yuck. And I never came across a fountain where the water wasn’t pukey warm. Ugh.