Favourite three Christian Bale movies/performance ?

Tools    

What are your favourite Christian Bale movies/performances ?

I'm a huge fan of Equilibrium,The Prestige,Shaft,Howl's Moving Castle and The Machinist but overall I would have to choose:

American Psycho

Chirstian Bale has an overall dark serious aura as a human being and as Batman as well as his other films that stands out about him but always with a level of control and discretion, in American Psycho the gloves are off. No rules or moral implications. Welcomed madness and insanity. Bale shines as a successful, well educated, cultured, sadistic killer. All of his creative energy behind every polished gesture and articulated sentence, he is flawless as Patrick Bateman.

Batman Begins

Clean cut, powerful and intelligent. Not as dark as American Pyscho but treading along same lines. He gives Batman a strong, determined, gritty and human face, taking something we love and respect and paying it special attention. Its hard not to like this movie.

The Dark Knight

Everything about Batman Begins tripled. This movie is a power house in all aspects and so is Bale's performance. He continues to empower the character of Batman exploring his personal struggles and responsibilities. Also his competition with other significant characters Aaron Eckhart and of course Heath Ledger that take up so much of the screen and yet he still holds our attention and loyalty. It is a modern classic and Bale takes it in his stride.

I'd guess that I would have to say that these are my top 5* fave films to feature a Baleful of Christian in 'em:

*(Yeah, I know the thread title says "Favourite three...",
but I didn't notice the word three until right after I went thru the trouble of setting up my post. Plus, I'm so used to postin up five, anyways.
But if you're a stickler for thread title rules, then just initiate your own action & skip two entries from this list. And since I'm in a good mood, feel free to skip any of the two. But choose wisely. Cuz if you don't, Christian Bale might end up tearing you a new ass like if you had just walked in on his scene or somethin'.)

5. 3:10 To Yuma
Christian Bale & Russell Crowe in a cowboy flick.
Seriously..... what else do you need?
No,
seriously.....

4. Batman Begins

While Tim Burton's was the first to finally introduce the down to earth grittiness that revealed Batman as the real badass that we hardcore comicbook nerds knew that he really was, there was still a certain flamboyancy (as is in all of Burton's films) that allowed those filmmakers whose followed in this franchise after Burton, to systematically bring the Caped Crusader down almost to the level of Adam West doing the bat-toosie.
This reboot came along & completely eliminated the almost unrepairable bat-damage still lingering in the minds of general movie-goers.
I remember sitting thru the first scene of this film & thinking to myself that it was hard to believe that what I was watching was actually a superhero movie. I can even overlook the fact that the Bat-Mobile was now more of a massively unbatlike tank/dune-buggy hybrid than it was an actual sleek yet indestructible @ss-kicking ride that we all average joe mortal-types used to like to fantasize about owning.

3. The Prestige

An H.G. Wellsesque type of sci-fi thriller told thru the modern directing & co-writing talents Christopher Nolan.
And while this pic isn't as grand as The Dark Knight, I must admit, I found myself enjoying the story in this one more. For it's premise, The Prestige is overall innovative & cohesively engaging. A fantasy plot of the age of early 20th century magicks whose complex twists & turns eventually all complete their spiral turns to lead into a surprise climax that the viewer can still satisfyingly comprehend & enjoyably appreciate.
That is, if the proper amount of suspension is applied to one's belief. And when it comes to magic, let's be honest: no matter how physically impossible it may seem, at a certain level, we all want to believe.

2. The Dark Knight
Cuz, well.... y'know....it's The Dark Knight.
Seriously..... what else do you need?
No,
seriously.....

1. Equilibrium
For me, this is kind of like a "The Matrix Unloaded".
A very stunningly stylish movie that features action sequences that any martial arts or straight-up action flick would be proud to call it's own. And even tho the story, like The Matrix, seems like it can lose it's audience every couple of turns and again, it does have a more solid & linear structure, making it is possible for the viewer to get back onto understanding it's premise.
And I liked that since Equilibrium did not have the big budget that it's computer themed bigger succeeding cousin had, that it came up with a concept called "Gun Kata", to allow for the insane bullet hails that make these types of gun-toting movies the kind that would cause even the hardiest NRA member to bust his own cap.

American Psycho was his best performance so far; Batman Begins, TDK, and The Prestige would all come after American Psycho though.

The Prestige
American Psycho

Those are his two best, and I don't think he has done anything quite as great. His performance in The Machinist was pretty decent, so that would probably be my third favorite if I had to choose one.

And I just learned Christian Bale played Jesus.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
1. Empire of the Sun

I don't care if he had no idea what he was doing, but he gave a great performance. Spielberg often gets shafted as a director of kid's performances, but I truly believe that he's gotten more memorable performances from "kids" than any other director, and that makes sense to me since Spielberg is basically just a Big Kid himself, but one who knows how to make a great movie, several times over.

2. Pocahontas (as Thomas... interesting that he later played Pocahontas' husband John Rolfe in The New World.)

&feature=related

3. Batman Begins

So far, Michael Keaton is my Batman, but Bale went through so much in the previous Batman movie that that should qualify as something. I prefer The Dark Knight to Batman Begins, but that's because Heath Ledger casts such a large shadow. However, in Batman Begins, even with all the villains and aides, Batman is the most important character.

&feature=related

I don't think I can pick just three. He's my favorite actor, I enjoy all of his work. I'll try to limit to five.

Performances

01. The Prestige
02. American Psycho
03. Rescue Dawn
04. 3:10 to Yuma
05. The Machinist

Films

01. The Prestige
02. Batman Begins
03. The Dark Knight
04. American Psycho
05. 3:10 to Yuma

1 American Psycho
2 The Prestige
3 Empire Of The Sun

*On another note it was Bales voice (as Batman) in The Dark Knight which got on my nerves, don't get me wrong amazing movie but his voice was like nails on a chalk board! Aggghh!
mermermer... panties on.

Jerry Shaw, you have been activated.
Here's my list of my favorite movies he has been in.

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. American Psycho

Registered Creature
No love for The New World?

I'm going with my first three movies I ever saw him in:
1. Empire of the Sun
2. Newsies
3. Little Women

No love for Reign Of Fire?
I mean, c'mon,
it's got dragons an' stuff.