Stirchley’s Fashion Thread

Tools    

Some appalling outfits at the Golden Globes. Can’t these women afford stylists?
I haven't seen anything I liked.

The first two, including Swift aren’t so bad. I actually think they look nice, in fact. But, then again, I’m no fashionista.
To each his own of course, but Swift has a lovely figure & she’s so young. This outfit looks like it was made out of her grandma’s curtains.

Reese Witherspoon looked very nice. Also love her hair & makeup.
Lovely gown. One of the few to show some class.

She might have considered wearing her hair up in some fashion.

⬆️ I liked her hair for its unfussiness in its lob (long bob).
I agree with your comments about the hairstyle itself. But to my taste the style doesn't perfectly fit the gown.

I held my hand up, blocking her from the neck down. I visualized her wearing some type of dressy slacks outfit, or even a pants suit. To me her hairstyle is a bit casual, which the earrings don't upgrade.

This is Jean Patchett, one of the very first American super-models, at age 26 on her wedding day in 1951. Her dress is SO fabulous.

Let’s start with the positive. These outfits were attractive.

Second photo down - Brie Larson - good dress, but what made her scrape back her hair so tightly? Dreadful.

Vanity Fair after-party outfits. I do believe I’ve found the worst outfit of the entire night. Martha Stewart. Scary.

Chrissy Metz who is getting fatter & fatter at each event.

Heidi Klum looking like a slutty Brigitte Bardot.

Two very nice Vanity Fair after-party outfits.

Love Katie Couric’s cute outfit.

This lovely dress fits Catherine O’Hara so well. Looks like Pucci, but don’t know if it is.

Let’s start with the positive. These outfits were attractive.
I was waiting for your commentary on the Oscar's gowns.. There were many more bad ones than good ones. And even a couple of the good ones were barely over the line into the "good" territory.

I did like Zellweger's gown, which had a classic good line look to it. I disagree with her winning the Oscar though. Good acting; bad Judy Garland.

Judy is in my Netflix Q someplace. Not thrilled by a movie about JG, but will take a look when it pops up. Zellweger’s gown was fine: it fit well, she has kept a nice figure, her hair always looks horrible now for some reason, but there was nothing about her gown to comment on.

I’m always amazed that these women look into full-length mirrors (presumably), think they look fine & leave for the red carpet looking absolutely frightful.

Meghan & Kate both looking very nice though I wouldn’t have chosen this shoe color if I were Meghan.

The trick is not minding
Kate always looks genuinely happy to see everyone. Not saying Meghan isn’t, sometimes her smiles seems....forced?
I imagine the treatment she has gotten by the media probably has a lot to do with that.

Kate always looks genuinely happy to see everyone. Not saying Meghan isn’t, sometimes her smiles seems....forced?
Totally forced on this occasion is what I immediately thought when I saw the many photos. Silly smirk on her face inside the event. But it had to be difficult for her coming back to England for this event & knowing that most Brits disapprove of what the Sussexes are doing.

Me, I could care less.

Audrey Hepburn in sixties Givenchy. Gorgeous.

Hepburn in a sixties dress that I would wear now.

Mia Farrow in a gorgeous sixties dress. Don’t know the designer.

Hepburn in the cutest knitted two-piece from Two for the Road. She looked amazing in everything she wore.

My new Crocs. Never bought these before. Needed slip-ons when I go in the backyard to feed cats. These will do the job. Very cute.