Taxi Driver

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Since no one anwered, what's so great about it? What's the point? Is he good or evil. It's absolute crap! A fmadman goine ever insane until he kills people.
It’s cautionary.

This might just do nobody any good.
You don’t think the movie is condoning what he does, right?

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Since no one anwered, what's so great about it? What's the point? Is he good or evil. It's absolute crap! A fmadman goine ever insane until he kills people.
It's a movie about the perceived masculinity of a near-sociopath who wants do the right thing in his very own, narrow, notions of morality. It's also about the decay and hideousness of crime in 70s New York, unfiltered, raw, and oozing.

It's a movie about the perceived masculinity of a near-sociopath who wants do the right thing in his very own, narrow, notions of morality. It's also about the decay and hideousness of crime in 70s New York, unfiltered, raw, and oozing.
What morality is it? I don't like when evil things get portrayed. Why? It's evil enough already. The better it's done, the worse. That's why I hate Hitler: The last 10 days.

What morality is it? I don't like when evil things get portrayed. Why? It's evil enough already. The better it's done, the worse. That's why I hate Hitler: The last 10 days.
Then you shouldnt like any crime based film.

If you're refering to Goodfellas, of course I hate the brutal violence. But I love it's emotional power, the way songs are incorporated. the end always makes me cry. I like some components of crime movies that aren't crime.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

I don't think a movie has to have a point, and the morality can be ambiguous... I loved observing.

Maybe you should check out Paul Schrader's script -- http://www.lc.ncu.edu.tw/learneng/script/TaxiDriver.pdf

What morality? The entire film is set on Travis' climactic reaction to the crime in New York, which he sees as a complete degeneration of what he thinks society should be as.

Did you watch the film?

Monologue here: "Listen, you ****ers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the ****s, the dogs, the filth, the ****. Here is a man who stood up."

"Thank God for the rain to wash the trash off the sidewalk."

" I think someone should just take this city and just... just flush it down the ****in' toilet."

"All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets."

"Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me."

He's seen as a hero at the end for what he does. People think he's some sort of wonderful vigilante, despite his mental instability.

If you're refering to Goodfellas, of course I hate the brutal violence. But I love it's emotional power, the way songs are incorporated. the end always makes me cry. I like some components of crime movies that aren't crime.
Do you think goodfellas would be better if they skipped over showing the violence and tip toed around the horrible deeds?

I don't think a movie has to have a point, and the morality can be ambiguous... I loved observing.

Maybe you should check out Paul Schrader's script -- http://www.lc.ncu.edu.tw/learneng/script/TaxiDriver.pdf
It doesn't. Like Magical mystery tour. As a christian, Ihave to disagree on morality. There has to be morality, otherwise it's chaos, which is what I thought it was until I read the post bf this.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
It doesn't. Like Magical mystery tour. As a christian, Ihave to disagree on morality. There has to be morality, otherwise it's chaos, which is what I thought it was until I read the post bf this.

As a human being, I'm watching for something that fascinates me. I also know that people are never all good or all bad. I didn't find it chaotic at all, but more of a character study, and a view of modern life, mostly between people, and how each handles conflict, motivations, etc.

What morality? The entire film is set on Travis' climactic reaction to the crime in New York, which he sees as a complete degeneration of what he thinks society should be as.

Did you watch the film?

Monologue here: "Listen, you ****ers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the ****s, the dogs, the filth, the ****. Here is a man who stood up."

" I think someone should just take this city and just... just flush it down the ****in' toilet."

"All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets."

"Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me."

He's seen as a hero at the end for what he does. People think he's some sort of wonderful vigilante, despite his mental instability.
Finally we have an aswer. I don't get it why nobody did it bf, nor why I didn't get it.

I saw it many times over tryingto get it. 1st time was maybe even int he 70s.

He's sort of like Jesus, but in a f+up way? But essentially good. Everything else is evenmore f+cked up. So he destroys it.

Did you watch the film?

Finally we have an aswer. I don't get it why nobody did it bf, nor why I didn't get it.

I saw it many times over tryingto get it. 1st time was maybe even int he 70s.

He's sort of like Jesus, but in a f+up way? But essentially good. Everything else is evenmore f+cked up. So he destroys it.
He looks like the hero in the end but weve seen how unstable he is. If he had succesfully assassinated that politician hed have been seen as a villain, but he was stopped and instead murdered some pimps and saved a kid from prostitution. Theres a bit of a hint towards the end hell do something insane again and it might not be as pretty.

Do you think goodfellas would be better if they skipped over showing the violence and tip toed around the horrible deeds?
It's obviously necessary, since it's a part of the story, but I don't like it.

The entire point of Goodfellas is to portray the underbelly of vicious criminals in a raw, unfilitered, manner. The beginning of the film romanticizes the Mafia- Henry talks constantly of how great his life is an how awesome it is to be a gangster. But as the film goes on, he becomes more and more disgusted and disillusioned with his life- until finally, it all comes tumbling down. The point of the film is the evil stuff, and that's all.

The entire point of Goodfellas is to portray the underbelly of vicious criminals in a raw, unfilitered, manner. The beginning of the film romanticizes the Mafia- Henry talks constantly of how great his life is an how awesome it is to be a gangster. But as the film goes on, he becomes more and more disgusted and disillusioned with his life- until finally, it all comes tumbling down. The point of the film is the evil stuff, and that's all.
It should also be mentioned he essentially misses his old life in the end.