Rate the last Book you read

Tools    

Re-read of a good book. Gonna re-read a lot of Drabble.

The Path
Book by Kōnosuke Matsu****a

Excellent self improvement book from someone who taught with his life commitment to growing thy self.

I was expecting a story of the founding of Panasonic, but this was not at all that. This was more of a mix of allegories and general advice about working together, finding purpose, etc. It was an admission essay that would let you walk in Heaven. One concept, "fighting with real swords" that struck me talked about how you won't be focused unless you are playing for real stakes. not much else of note

funny how script didn't let me post his surname

Pretty good apocalyptic medieval fantasy. At times a bit too episodic and ending felt slightly forced but in general almost as good as previous Buehlman I read (The Lesser Dead). I guess it's still 4/5.

Interesting book about how dreadful it is to work at McDonald’s & an Amazon fulfillment center, among other places.

Think I’ve read just about everything regarding 9/11. Very interesting book. For all the horror of the day, so many heroes emerged. I cried when people were buried alive in the rubble, but were eventually rescued.

Those Across the River by Christopher Buehlman

Third Buehlman in a row. Not as good as the previous two but still pretty decent. It's setting (small southern town during The Great Depression) and its protagonist aren't as interesting and its take on werewolves isn't the best. Still Buehlman hasn't really failed this far which alone is quite impressive. 3/5

Ring by Kōji Suzuki

This one belongs to small group of books where the film adaptation is clearly superior. It's not nearly as scary as the film, its characters are less interesting and some of its pseudoscientific explanations are pretty dumb. I guess the only better thing in it was that it offered an explanation for why one could pass on the curse. As a whole quite average book. 3/5

Ring by Kōji Suzuki

This one belongs to small group of books where the film adaptation is clearly superior. It's not nearly as scary as the film, its characters are less interesting and some of its pseudoscientific explanations are pretty dumb. I guess the only better thing in it was that it offered an explanation for why one could pass on the curse. As a whole quite average book. 3/5
Strange – that makes it sound like there's a chain of improvements . The Japanese film improving on the book, and — in my opinion at least — the American remake improving again.

Strange – that makes it sound like there's a chain of improvements . The Japanese film improving on the book, and — in my opinion at least — the American remake improving again.
We disagree on the two movies In my opinion the Japanese film is one of the best horror films ever while the American remake is barely mediocre.