In honor of Valentine's Day, what are your favorite love stories?

Tools    

A few of mine:

Love Story (1970)
The Sure Thing (1985)
Breezy (1973)
Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
When Harry Met Sally (1989)
Pretty Woman (1990)
Harold and Maude (1971)
Dr. Zhivago (1965)

movies can be okay...
Casablanca.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Almost Famous (2000)

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
1953's Cyrano de Bergerac - LOVE that one
and CR nominated a great one in the 40's HOF: Waterloo Bridge
and recently, for the oddball aspect of it, Mr. Right

Legend in my own mind
Romeo and Juliet (1996)
Serendipity (2001)
Silver linings playbook (2012)
The Wedding singer (1998)

The Before Trilogy. Midnight being my favourite, love them all though.
I added the first movie in the series to my Amazon queue. I've never been a big fan of Ethan Hawke, but I watched the trailer and it still looks interesting.

I added the first movie in the series to my Amazon queue. I've never been a big fan of Ethan Hawke, but I watched the trailer and it still looks interesting.
Hope you like it. It's basically just them walking around Europe talking about well anything and everything, it's really heartfelt with a great script and performances though. The second and third ones have kind of twists in the story but follow the same basic structure so if you don't like the first i doubt you'll like the others.

Oh, boy...this is an easy one for me!

West Side Story is a great film to see on Valentine's Day! I still have fond memories of finally getting my wish three years ago today, and seeing the film West Side Story on Valentine's Day, with a live rendition of the Bernstein musical score being played by the Boston Symphony Orchestra, at Boston Symphony Hall! It was fabulous!

Master of My Domain
If you count brotherly love then The Blues Brothers is my favorite, otherwise Casablanca and Bonnie and Clyde are at the top of the list.

Almost Famous (2000)

Always wanted to see that, but from the trailer it looks more like a comedy. So many movies I forgot about in the days when I couldn't access the internet and check them out again.

If you count brotherly love then The Blues Brothers is my favorite, otherwise Casablanca and Bonnie and Clyde are at the top of the list.
If you want to count brotherly love, you can add Midnight Cowboy in there too. And Brian's Song.

I forgot one: A comedy/drama, but overall a love story -- Heaven Can Wait

Almost Famous is a nostalgia-driven Comedy/Drama; unless he's talking about a love for rock and roll i'm struggling to see how it's a love story. There are relationships; Penny and Russell's i can sort of buy although as i said i'd call it about four or five things before i'd call it a love story.

An Affair to Remember (1957)
Casablanca
Gone with the Wind
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
The Sure Thing
Body Heat
Brief Encounter
True Romance
The Apartment
Coming Home
Letter from an Unknown Woman
The Crowd