Falling Asleep in the Theater

Tools    

Ever fell asleep in a movie theater? I personally have not. I only ask because my 80-year old dad, who I haven't been to the movies with since 1980 ("Raging Bull"), was snoring up a storm last night during "The Great Gatsby". Apparently, he didn't think it was great at all.

I wouldn't... I tend to go to the cinema by myself and the people round here are likely to spit in your popcorn and steal your coat along with whatever is in the pockets while you sleep.

I slept through most of Alien vs Predator. Still convinced it's a terrible movie.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I've fell asleep during Devil, The Spirit, Teeth, Nightmare on Elm Street -remake, I fall asleep alot .

I have never done that. But i have seen people doze off! My friend used to do it quite a lot. We used to go for late night movies after office and he used to fall asleep.

I especially remember two incidents:
1. We went to Harry Potter IV. That was the first HP for both of us. Hardly understood what was going on. He fell asleep and woke up in the middle and asked who is this bearded guy, it was Dumbledore.

2. Next was when when we went for Gandhi, My Father. The movie was amazingly good, but very slow paced. He slept off on somebody's GF's shoulder! They did not say anything. More like the couple felt sorry for him. During intermission the couple swapped places. He dozed of on the BF then!

I never have but I know someone who fell asleep during Amour.

I fell aspeel twice in the theater during The Golden Compass (just a horriblly boring movie) and Project X. The last one was probably because I came straight from going out the night before. My friend and I literally hadn't slept a single second yet, so we basically just went to the theater to relax a little bit. We relaxed a little too much, apparently, as we both nodded off for several minutes during some of those way too long stretched 'wild' party scenes...

I was just wondering what it takes to fall aspeel...
Well, I was basically a 14 year old, sceptical piece of crap back then and found the movie really dull, because it seemed like a bad mix of all the good fantasy films I saw (with prophecies and stuff like that). I probably just decided to not watch it anymore because I didn't like it (I would never do that now) and sleep.

It remained in my head as a very boring movie, though. I never watched it since.