honeykid's DVD Collection

Tools    

I don't, but I've got to do something about categorizing all the dvd's I've recorded as I'm finding it more and more difficult to keep track of what I have.

Audio commentary from writer/director George Lucas, sound designer Ben Burtt, Industrial Light & Magic's Dennis Muren and actress Carrie Fisher
Disc 1:
Digitally restored and remastered 'Special Edition' version of the film (5.1 Surround)
Disc 2:
Original version, just as it was seen in theatres in 1977! (2.0 Surround, Non-Anamorphic) Or THE PROPER VERSION! as it should be called.

Is this the same DVD that is in the newest Star Wars Original trilogy Boxset because I am getting that very soon.

I don't know, WB. It's a 2 disc set. One is the 'messed about with' version and the other the 'proper' version. They call it the original theatrical version now, rather than the 'proper' version, as they should. Basically, on one disc Greedo shoots first and the Death Star explodes with that stupid blue band and, in the other, Han shoots first and the Death Star explode properly.

As a genre I don't, but there's always exceptions, UF. I don't like Westerns either, but I love Unforgiven, The Outlaw Josey Wales and a couple of others.

Assault On Precinct 13
The Bank Job
Dawn Of The Dead: Directors Cut (2004)
Dog Soldiers
Dracula (1979)
Dracula - I guessing this is the Badham film what's it like ? I've been meaning to watch this for sometime.

Dog Soldiers - It's one of the craziest experiences of ever had at a movie theatre. Popcorn being thrown in the air, screaming, cheers and all that good stuff. It didn't have the same flavour when watching it at home by myslef.

Dawn of the Dead remake was quite a nice surprise. The Johnny Cash song was so fitting. The pace was rapid fire and all the characters seemed to hit there part well.

The Bank Job - You can make fun of Stratham and his Transporter films, crank films and what have you. But he shows his chops as an actor here and pulls it off, very good.

Assualt on Precinct 13 - I guessing but if this is the remake what was with all the gun shots to the head ? I rahter found that to be wierd.

Dracula - I guessing this is the Badham film what's it like ? I've been meaning to watch this for sometime.
Still not gotten around to watching it, yet. I wouldn't have bothered with it, tbh, but I remember Holden mentioning it and, as it was only £3, I went with it.

Assualt on Precinct 13 - I guessing but if this is the remake what was with all the gun shots to the head ? I rahter found that to be wierd.
No! This is the classic original. Love this film. I do have the remake, but it's something I recorded, not an original copy. Only seen the remake once, but I did like it. Certainly a lot more than I thought I would.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I noticed that you have Lucky You in your collection. For me, it is a very underrated movie and I enjoy it a lot. I just thought it was a fun movie that had an interesting set up to it.

I have it because it stars Drew Barrymore. Considering everything the film has going for it, in terms of cast and director, I was more than a little underwhelmed. I've still only seen it the once, though so maybe it'll improve with subsequent viewings.

Hon, have you seen Once Upon a Time in Mexico? I love the other two films but was disappointed in OUATIM. Thought that having Johnny Depp seemed to focus the film just on him like, anyway def not as good as the other two.

and ooo la la, Belle De Jour! saw that on tv with my mum when I was in my early teens and I thought she was very risqué letting me stay up to watch it Haven't seen it since. Let us know what you think!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
50 First Dates 7/10
American Gangster 8.5/10
Blood Diamond 6.5/10
The Bourne Identity 7.5/10
Collateral 8/10
The Departed 9/10
Fight Club 2/10
Ghost Rider 6.5/10
Hide & Seek 4/10
The Hills Have Eyes (2006) 4.5/10
Hostel 3/10
Juno 7.5/10
Lucky You 7.5/10

Just rated some of them since I was a bit bored

Hon, have you seen Once Upon a Time in Mexico? I love the other two films but was disappointed in OUATIM. Thought that having Johnny Depp seemed to focus the film just on him like, anyway def not as good as the other two.

and ooo la la, Belle De Jour! saw that on tv with my mum when I was in my early teens and I thought she was very risqué letting me stay up to watch it Haven't seen it since. Let us know what you think!
No, I've not seen OUATIM, Christine. TBH, I've stayed away from it because I didn't think it was going to be that good. I really liked El Mariachi, put off watching Desperado for a year or so because I didn't think it'd be that good, but I thought it was ok. Didn't see 'Mexico' because it looked like it was going to be silly. Seeing that Depp was going to star did make me interested though, but I still stayed away. Over the years I've heard mixed reviews of it but, as it was a fiver for all three, I decided to take a punt. That and my mum said she liked it. For her to even watch a film is unusual, but for her to like one is really quite odd. Unless it's one of those 'true story-movie of the week' type things.

I'll let you know about Belle Du Jour.

The Departed 9/10
Fight Club 2/10
Hide & Seek 4/10
The Hills Have Eyes (2006) 4.5/10

Just rated some of them since I was a bit bored
Feel free. I wouldn't agree with those ratings though.