Animation Hall of Fame

Tools    

Was talking about Waltz With Bashir. You had it fourth (fifth if you count Treasure Planet) when this just started i thought it would end up in your bottom two.

And nah there was no way Wall-E was not going to win this, it was the only Pixar and really the only pretty universally loved movie picked. I mean outside this hall of fame what would me the most loved other than Wall-E nominated? Secret of Nimh maybe? Wouldn't say those would be close.

Waltz With Bashir's unconventional animation and heavy subject matter always meant there was a strong chance that some wouldn't take to it like tat didn't. So i didn't think it had a chance at #1, it may have finished fourth or third if MM finished though since he gave it 5/5 depending on how he ranked the others of course.

I would've guessed Nimh would've been second was a bit surprised that it was Tokyo Godfathers but i did expect that to be top four at least.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Was talking about Waltz With Bashir. You had it fourth (fifth if you count Treasure Planet) when this just started i thought it would end up in your bottom two.

And nah there was no way Wall-E was not going to win this, it was the only Pixar and really the only pretty universally loved movie picked. I mean outside this hall of fame what would me the most loved other than Wall-E nominated? Secret of Nimh maybe? Wouldn't say those would be close.

Waltz With Bashir's unconventional animation and heavy subject matter always meant there was a strong chance that some wouldn't take to it like tat didn't. So i didn't think it had a chance at #1, it may have finished fourth or third if MM finished though since he gave it 5/5 depending on how he ranked the others of course.

I would've guessed Nimh would've been second was a bit surprised that it was Tokyo Godfathers but i did expect that to be top four at least.

That makes more sense. I was kind of surprised at how high I placed Waltz With Bashir too. it's much darker than the stuff I normally like, but it stuck in my mind and made me think more than most of the other noms. I had to give it the credit that it deserved when I made my list. Like I said, I thought it had a chance to place higher than Wall-E.

I knew how much I love Wall-E, I just didn't realize how much everyone else loves it too. (Most people around here don't usually agree with my taste in movies.) I don't hear people talk about it much, so I nominated it to put it in people's minds for the Sci-Fi Countdown.

I don't hear people talk about it much, so I nominated it to put it in people's minds for the Sci-Fi Countdown.
Really? That surprises me, it finished fourth in the Animation Countdown and i honestly can't think of any animated film that is talked about more than Wall-E here not even any of the three that finished higher than it on the countdown.

WALL-E will be pretty high on the Sci-Fi Countdown i think, it will be high on my list anyway.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Really? That surprises me, it finished fourth in the Animation Countdown and i honestly can't think of any animated film that is talked about more than Wall-E here not even any of the three that finished higher than it on the countdown.

WALL-E will be pretty high on the Sci-Fi Countdown i think, it will be high on my list anyway.

Maybe I'm just getting old, so I don't remember hearing anyone talk about it, or maybe it's just that you guys talk about horror movies so much that the animated movies get lost in the shuffle sometimes.

But I hope you're right. I'd love to see it place high on the countdown. I know it will be very high on my list.

I had Tokyo Godfathers at #1 because I absolutely loved that film, way more than anything else in this HoF (and probably any other animated film I've ever seen). I thought about watching it again Christmas time, but I had borrowed it from (and already returned it to) a friend who lives here in town, and I wasn't here over the holidays. Waltz with Bashir with easily #2, with Wall-E coming in a solid #3 for me. Everything in the bottom half of my list I was only lukewarm on, including my own nomination when I looked at it critically and tried to ignore nostalgia.

Congrats on the win GBG! I kind of figured Wall-E had this in the bag, considering how beloved a film it is haha. Thanks for hosting Raul! And thanks Camo for keeping track of everyone's write-ups!

I feel so bad for not finishing this, even considering the circumstances. You can't help but feel you let people down. They took time to watch your movie and you feel like owing them. Even if I became blind in the midst of a HoF and there was no way in hell I would ever finish, even then I would still feel bad.

But ending on a positive note, I do hope the people who watched my nom was glad they did and that it wasn't a total waste of time. I can also say, that I'm feeling better lately and that I'm slowly overcoming what happened and beginning to get back into my routines; watching movies, working out and wanting to do stuff again I wasn't in the slightest of moods for a month back.

Sorry guys I just read the results. Wall-E was my thought of a winner although I thought some of you might have a different experience with the movie but yeah, it was clearly going to go up. Glad to see Tokyo G as a second place. I can't believe GBG voted for Madagascar 2 as a second , also congratulations!

I enjoyed your nomination MM! and I kind of feel bad for voting Camou's last. I did order them as how much I liked them but still I feel guilty for letting its score go down.

And of course thanks rauld for hosting !

I've heard good things from Omni regarding his last work before he died, a series called Paranoia Agent.
*is dead*

Also, that's not Satoshi Kon's last work, it's just his last completed work. His last would-be project was a movie called The Dreaming Machine. Rumor has it old collaborators are interested in finishing it in his stead, but I'm inclined to doubt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreaming_Machine