THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Boyhood is going to get too much credit because it took 12 years to make for aging effects. And everyone will love it. Just seems like a gimmick to me.
I wouldn't diss it before you've seen it, though. A lot of people were/are actually worried that the film wouldn't work BECAUSE it took twelve years to make. Linklater is a great filmmaker though, I wouldn't doubt it's a good film.

Boyhood is going to get too much credit because it took 12 years to make for aging effects. And everyone will love it. Just seems like a gimmick to me.
Linklater has too good of a track record for me to think that.

Richard Linklater's new film. It took twelve years to make, and it's about a kid growing up.

But it has Patricia Arquette. Nobody cares about her anymore.
I do. She's still a hottie.

I love her in True Romance. I said godD*MN.

Oh, God. And the soundtrack was done by Coldplay.

Hipster movie.

I have become so much more interested in who is making the movie as opposed to who is in it over the past five years.
I've always been more interested in who's behind the camera. I was raised on Harryhausen and horror and stuff like that, and for a time was obsessed with Shyamalan.

boyhood is technically a gimmick movie i suppose, but simply dismissing it as a gimmick is ridiculous when you consider the incredible risk and skill involved in filming it, and just how great richard linklater is in general.

I've always been more interested in who's behind the camera. I was raised on Harryhausen and horror and stuff like that, and for a time was obsessed with Shyamalan.
I got into movies more based on actors for sure. Maybe I have evolved.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Do you mean the movie didn't end, or you like the ending of the movie? I thought it had a good ending.
Neither. I meant that I think I would have been interested in a movie that picked up and covered the events that happened after that movie ended. I would have liked to see the trial and how it was for him to reunite with his family.

I thought the ending of the movie was touching. I didn't hate 12 Years I just didn't connect with it as emotionally as I had hoped for.

Neither. I meant that I think I would have been interested in a movie that picked up and covered the events that happened after that movie ended. I would have liked to see the trial and how it was for him to reunite with his family.

I thought the ending of the movie was touching. I didn't hate 12 Years I just didn't connect with it as emotionally as I had hoped for.
That would definitely be a good movie.

IMDB trivia for Boyhood:

Richard Linklater cast his daughter Lorelei Linklater as Samantha because she was always singing and dancing around the house and wanted to be in his movies. At about the third or fourth year of filming, she lost interest and asked for her character to be killed off. Linklater refused, saying it was too violent for what he was planning (Lorelei eventually regained her enthusiasm and continued with the project).
Even the director's daughter got tired of it.

I didn't hate 12 Years I just didn't connect with it as emotionally as I had hoped for.
It wasn't an emotional experience for me either. I respect it more than I love it. I just respect the hell out of it.

IMDB trivia for Boyhood:

Even the director's daughter got tired of it.
I like how you turn against things you've never seen.

I like how you turn against things you've never seen.
I go by intuition. When something feels like it's gonna be good to me, I'm usually right. When it doesn't feel good at first, it won't be good.

Boyhood might be an interesting watch, but now I'm feeling like it will probably be grossly overpraised. Her is another such kind of film.

I go by intuition. When something feels like it's gonna be good to me, I'm usually right. When it doesn't feel good at first, it won't be good.

Boyhood might be an interesting watch, but now I'm feeling like it will probably be grossly overpraised. Her is another such kind of film.
I don't think Her was overpraised at all, personally.