a modest proposal

Tools    

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
WHEREAS celebrities tend to name their offspring ridiculous and/or tongue-twisting things like Peaches and Tiger Lily Leilani (Bob Geldof and Paula Yates), Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow), and Phinneas (Julia Roberts), thereby ensuring their crippling isolation and heartless teasing in school, and

WHEREAS Britney Spears is bound to give her inevitable brood names straight out of a VC Andrews novel (Heaven Leigh, Honey Ice, Curious Yellow),

THEREFORE I do decree that all celebrities be sterilized upon receiving their Screen Actors Guild card or their first record contract.

Signed this day of 8 December 2004,

ash_is_the_gal

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
I honestly believe that stars name their babies weird names so that us common folk won't have children with the same name. It's a separation of the classes. Them apart from us. It's the same reason there are "seasons" in the fashion industry. As soon as the new prada or LX bag, starts trickling down to the peons at department stores, the stars auction their's off and buy the NEW new one.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
jeez...

Maybe they're celebs in the first place because they're very creative people, and it's in their character to want a creative name for their offspring.

Arresting your development
I would like to blame it on all the drugs they have done in the past.
I think when they see their child for the first time it brings down their high. The actor/actress are like, damn I was going to name my daughter Gail...just like my great grandmother...but her head looks like a big giant apple...I know I think her name will be Orange! Because that's how messed up they are.

If you would like to learn more about ths topic of today...please visit your local library. And if you are in my area...please don't!

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
I would like to blame it on all the drugs they have done in the past.
I think when they see their child for the first time it brings down their high. The actor/actress are like, damn I was going to name my daughter Gail...just like my great grandmother...but her head looks like a big giant apple...I know I think her name will be Orange! Because that's how messed up they are.

If you would like to learn more about ths topic of today...please visit your local library. And if you are in my area...please don't!
I'm going to, just for spite.
And I'm going to talk really loud.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
jeez...

Maybe they're celebs in the first place because they're very creative people, and it's in their character to want a creative name for their offspring.
Oh...yeah...that's it. How could I have been so silly? Uh, no! (That's funny how no one touched this thread until I posted on it.*sing-song voice* Someone likes to pick fights with meeeeeee....I won't name any names) There are creative people all over the friggin' place and they don't get all wierd with names. The user that started this thread has definately caught on to the same thing a lot of us have. Musicans and Actors have a tendancy to go for the strangest names they can think of for their children. We're just speculating on why that is. It has nothing to do with the fact that they're creative. Lots of people are creative. Lots of creative people have children. Lots of creative people have children with normal names.
There's something more to this thing.
I really do think it's about wanting to create attention over it and the fact that they want to be different. They want to be set apart. They lead very different lives from the rest of society, why shouldn't they give their kids wierd names, too? They probably like to think of people reading the names and going," What the hell kind of name is that?"
Poor kids.
I feel the same way about parents that name their kids something normal and then spell it all screwed up. You're just setting your kid up for problems. All their life they're gonna have to correct the teacher or have people mispronouncing it.
My mortgage advisor's name is Schan-delle. Pronounced: Shawn- delle. Lame name, lame spelling and she's none to pleased about either.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, most famous people are aliens.

Originally Posted by 2wrongs
Oh...yeah...that's it. How could I have been so silly? Uh, no! (That's funny how no one touched this thread until I posted on it.*sing-song voice* Someone likes to pick fights with meeeeeee....I won't name any names)
There's a link at the top of the page that shows all the new posts. If not that I'm secretly in love with you, which very obviously is the case, I'd use that to see what's new here.

There are creative people all over the friggin' place and they don't get all wierd with names. The user that started this thread has definately caught on to the same thing a lot of us have. Musicans and Actors have a tendancy to go for the strangest names they can think of for their children. We're just speculating on why that is. It has nothing to do with the fact that they're creative. Lots of people are creative. Lots of creative people have children. Lots of creative people have children with normal names.
There's something more to this thing.
I really do think it's about wanting to create attention over it and the fact that they want to be different. They want to be set apart. They lead very different lives from the rest of society, why shouldn't they give their kids wierd names, too? They probably like to think of people reading the names and going," What the hell kind of name is that?"
Poor kids.
I feel the same way about parents that name their kids something normal and then spell it all screwed up. You're just setting your kid up for problems. All their life they're gonna have to correct the teacher or have people mispronouncing it.
My mortgage advisor's name is Schan-delle. Pronounced: Shawn- delle. Lame name, lame spelling and she's none to pleased about either.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, most famous people are aliens.
So, which movie star/celeb is Schan-delle's parent?

Being "creative" does not mean a name is not incredibly stupid. Need I remind you all of Moon Unit Zappa? There's a fine line between expressing yourself, and just being weird. Names like "Peaches" and "Apple" cross that line. I think you could make a good case that all food names (Ginger, Cookie, Candy) are in poor taste; pun intended.

There's a link at the top of the page that shows all the new posts. If not that I'm secretly in love with you, which very obviously is the case, I'd use that to see what's new here.
I'll just go with, "You love me". I thought I was the first person to post on this thread since my post was directly under the first one and it said #2. and then yours said #3. Then again, I failed logic 101. Damn it!

So, which movie star/celeb is Schan-delle's parent?
Oh, you didn't read far enough. That was about spelling not oddities. Nice try though.

Originally Posted by Yoda
names (Ginger, Cookie, Candy) are in poor taste; pun intended.
Nope...you said it and it was funny.

Yoda made a joke! *marks calendar*

Kudos!

I am having a nervous breakdance
I think that celebrities are often of the opinion that they are famous because they are so very special and special because they are so very famous. So therefore they believe the kid, especially if both parents are famous, deserves a very very special name. Also, being a kid with rich and famous parents you won't exactly have a normal childhood, and normal kids will never look at you as normal anyway, and you will always hang out with other kids of famous parents. And the celebrity parents know this and don't have to worry about their kid being teased in school because his name is Mountain Mist instead of John. Because all the other kids will have names like that too...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Sloth is a cool wierd name...

Being "creative" does not mean a name is not incredibly stupid. Need I remind you all of Moon Unit Zappa? There's a fine line between expressing yourself, and just being weird. Names like "Peaches" and "Apple" cross that line. I think you could make a good case that all food names (Ginger, Cookie, Candy) are in poor taste; pun intended.
Yes, but as with the case of Schandelle, a person does not have to have famous parents to have a kooky name, firstly.

Secondly, I think it's petty to assault the taste of celebrities, just because they make easy targets. The mind-set that spawns the notion that other people's creativity is some sort of threat to the "normal" people... it's just pathetic, frankly. We already have threads dogging celebs for their looks, and those charming lists of who we don't like. Negativity of that sort is truly cheap. It benefits no one, except those with broken, pathetic little egos who get to feel cool for being nasty to someone they feel is more important than them.

Live and let live. How hard is that?

Amen. I think they are stupid names. I wish I had Bruce Willis and Demi Moore for parents so my name could be Scout or Rumor.

How creative.
I just knew Julia would have a weird name if not two. It's celeb peer pressure.

I'll just go with, "You love me". I thought I was the first person to post on this thread since my post was directly under the first one and it said #2. and then yours said #3. Then again, I failed logic 101. Damn it!

Oh, you didn't read far enough. That was about spelling not oddities. Nice try though.
Here's a picture I drew for you:
@D--->-------

You're pretty.

@D--->-------

You're pretty.

If there is going to be some kissing going on...I want pics!

Yes, but as with the case of Schandelle, a person does not have to have famous parents to have a kooky name, firstly.
Well duh.( I love 'duh') the thread isn't about kooky names. It's about kooky names and celebs. I just sprinkled in the spelling thing cuz it irks me.

Secondly, I think it's petty to assault the taste of celebrities, just because they make easy targets. The mind-set that spawns the notion that other people's creativity is some sort of threat to the "normal" people... it's just pathetic, frankly. We already have threads dogging celebs for their looks, and those charming lists of who we don't like. Negativity of that sort is truly cheap. It benefits no one, except those with broken, pathetic little egos who get to feel cool for being nasty to someone they feel is more important than them.

Live and let live. How hard is that?
awwwwwwwww. *sniff* someone get me a violin.

@D--->-------

You're pretty.
Thanks. So are you. I like the rose...I'm having a bad week.

Thanks. So are you. I like the rose...I'm having a bad week.
Don't forget about the pics!