Heroes

Tools    

The death sequence in the nightclub was a flashback to the event. He is already dead.

Yeah, DL's death was (past tense) WEAK, considering they 'killed' him like that in Volume 1 and he then survived.

Has anyone made the link of the name 'Adam' yet? Between me and a friend we have come up with a theory that is Adam and Eve-esque and that all the heroes are descended from Kensei/Adam and that he was the first...

Thoughts?
We sat and drank with the sun on our shoulders and felt like free men. Hell, we could have been tarring the roof of one of our own houses. We were the lords of all creation. As for Andy - he spent that break hunkered in the shade, a strange little smile on his face, watching us drink his beer. - Ellis Redding
'There are few more distressing sites, than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap,' - Time For Heroes - The Libertines

Beware The Probe!
The death sequence in the nightclub was a flashback to the event. He is already dead.
That's the point though.
It's worse that they killed him off 4 months ago and made it a pointless death instead of a heroic one like it would have been if they had just kept him down after his fight with Linderman.

Before this episode I was actually hoping DL was merely in hiding after killing Linderman but he's obviously not.

Also the fact that we don't even see the actor's face in the last shot makes me think the scene may have been re-shot without him.
Maybe he moved on to better things and wanted out?

Enemies are so stimulating.
Has anyone made the link of the name 'Adam' yet? Between me and a friend we have come up with a theory that is Adam and Eve-esque and that all the heroes are descended from Kensei/Adam and that he was the first...

Thoughts?
yeah i thought from the first moment that we found out that kensei/adam had powers that he must be the first or one of the very first. it'll be interesting to find out what other powers he possesses. he must have teleported somehow, no?
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

Lost in never never land
yeah i thought from the first moment that we found out that kensei/adam had powers that he must be the first or one of the very first. it'll be interesting to find out what other powers he possesses. he must have teleported somehow, no?

Actually no need to teleport when your cells don't degenerate. His ability basically guarentees that from the point in time when he masters his ability (or possibly from the point in time when he gains his ability) which would be when Hiro met him, he won't age anymore because any celluar degeneration that would occur naturally would be fixed by his ability.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Actually no need to teleport when your cells don't degenerate. His ability basically guarentees that from the point in time when he masters his ability (or possibly from the point in time when he gains his ability) which would be when Hiro met him, he won't age anymore because any celluar degeneration that would occur naturally would be fixed by his ability.
ah cool, i didnt realise that all the would mean he wouldnt age or anything. wow, thats a long time to live. that means he really will know a lot of stuff. hey maybe he will have met lots of other people with cool abilities. oh, if peter can replicate anyones powers does that mean that peter will now not age? or will it just help him uber heal? hmmm.

Lost in never never land
It might mean that Peter won't age past this point, but it depends on whether or not Adam/Kenzei's near immortality stemmed from his control over the ability or simply the fact that he has that ability. If it stems from control over the ability, then Peter will still age simply because Peter's control over his abilities isn't all that good.

no but if peter got control of them he could become unstoppable. i wonder whats going to happen with syler.

yeah i guess he did. does this mean claire isnt going to age? or do claire and adam have slightly different strains of the cell regeneration?

Lost in never never land
Generally people think that Claire won't age beyond this point, or some point in the near future. Adam appears to be able to heal quicker, which might be something to do with his having his ability notably longer, or it might have to do with a slight difference in the mutation. But people generally think that is Claire becomes older she will reach a point, like Adam, where she doesn't age anymore, but there definitely isn't a definitive answer in the show about it yet.

Beware The Probe!
I was kinda freaked after seeing what happened to HRG (friggin Mohinder is such a idiotic dink...seriously).

One thing I didn't get was where Hiro wrnt back in time to save his Dad.
Wasn't Ando there from when Mama Petrelli was talking to Papa Nakamura? This time around it seems he wasn't.

Lost in never never land
Ando was there with Mama Petrelli got there, but left immediately as the conversation was starting to get the sword for Mr. Nakamura, if I remember correctly.

Mohinder is an idiot. Even if he did know that he could
WARNING: "Heroes" spoilers below
save Noah after killing him.
Noah is very right in saying that Mohinder is becoming just another pawn for the company.

Also, Elle, is she going to end up being good? HRG hinted that she had parts of her past erased, which I think could be a hint that her father actually isn't Bob but is the Ukranian (remember there was an extra person in the family picture who was a blonde). So, I could see Elle taking a fairly important role during the last couple of episodes in stopping in the company.

A system of cells interlinked
So... Mohinder is an idiot because...he did what we knew he was going to do, what he was fated to do?

Whatevs. I like the direction they are taking Mohinder's character, as they are actually giving him some depth. He isn't just a silly VO source to catch people up on what is happening, like he was last year. Last season, I thought his power was to bore people to death with bad narrative.

Great episode last night, glad Elle got into some action. The Parkman stuff is very interesting, and is another turn that I think makes a so-so character more interesting.

Too bad it's all over in two weeks, I think they could have done a great full season with the threads they are running now...

The Adventure Starts Here!
I have not read any of this thread because I am still catching up with this show. But I wanted to post a "made ya think" combination of photos. Tell me if you agree that, if Yoda shaved his beard...

... if he wouldn't look like this guy:

I'm just sayin'..... And I'm back outta this thread till I catch up, so respond in the shoutbox for now. I know I'm right on this one....

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'd say there is a mild likeness, but from the picture you posted I'd say he looks a LOT more like Rob McElhenney, creator/star of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", aka the funniest show on television:

There is a slight resemblance between Yoda and both of them… but, for me, not enough to confuse them in a line up…

Yoda is the better looking of the three…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Lost in never never land
A pretty solid ending to the volume of Heroes. Who knows if it is the end of the season or not at this point in time. I tend to think that odds are that it will be, things would have to be resolved by the end of the month, I think, to keep the show starting after a break at a reasonable point in time so that it doesn't run too far into the summer and get too close to the beginning of season three.

I'm somewhat ticked that they killed off one of the characters that they did (granted in this show who knows how perminant that is).

WARNING: "Heroes" spoilers below
I don't mind that they killed of Nikki and trapped Adam under the ground in a grave, but it pissed me off that they killed of Nathan. Nathan is one of the best heroes

The one big thing that I'm hoping for with the next volume is that because of the fact that Claire and West split up, that it will mean that West is completely done with the show. He slightly redeemed himself in the last few episodes, but the actor was so bad that there was no way that character could ever be good.