What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Meet the Robinsons - for the kids.

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

Once Upon a Time in the West

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

What did I buy?

Why?

Two of them are on the Mofo list, and I was told that one of them is great. The other was just 93 cents. Yeah, I could have bought a candy bar, but the commercial looked pretty good. I shall know soon enough.

Enemies are so stimulating.
Harry potter and the goblet of fire because it had a pretty holographic cover and my gf got me 30% discount on it, and i had a gift card with £2 left on it. i got i pretty cheap.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

Adam Sandler's "Click"..I actually bought it as a gift for my cousin's birthday..It is her favorite movie.

The Long Goodbye
Repo Man
Ratatouille

Edit: oh yes, reasons. Well, these are 3 movies that I've already seen many times and will now see many times more.

Welcome to the human race...
Sonatine

Buying Sonatine has been on my mind for a while now. A recent rewatching officially convinced me to get it.

EDIT

Finally picked up a copy of The Matrix, if only for the free rental I got at Blockbuster.

Man, I love that movie.

How many times have you watched it?

I got through it once, ejected it, and never played it again. Man, talk about some seriously powerful performances.

Honestly? Just the once here too.

It's like one of the car accident videos you have to watch before they let you learn how to drive, only played out over two hours and starring Ben Kingsley.

That's not to say it's not excellent, it reminds me of the best of Shakespearean tragedy and it has a wonderful humanity to it, even if most of that humanity ends up either shot, poisoned, asphyxiated or spiritually broken by the credits. Plus the acting is uniformly top-knotch, considering how relentlessly morose it is it'd have been very easy for it to slip into melodrama. It's a testament to the talents of Kingsley and Jennifer Connolly that they managed to maintain such a high note of tension without cracking. And then Ben went on to play the villain in Thunderbirds. Hey ho.

And I don't think I've ever seen Iranians portrayed as sensitively in any movie since.

I should probably wrap this up before it becomes a luvvie paean.

2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Eyes Wide Shut
Full Metal Jacket
The Shining
Stanley Kubrick: A Life In Pictures

cause Kubrick is awesome

would rather have dr. strangelove then eyes wide shut but what ev still awesome collection

I am half agony, half hope.
I just received my DVD club order:

Westworld, because it's cool. Does anyone not love Yul Brenner?

Rent, for the music.

The Grinch animated version, because our other copy is VHS and old.

Phantom of the Opera, the musical, because I love it, but hadn't bought it yet.

Johann von Goethe

I just received my DVD club order:

Westworld, because it's cool. Does anyone not love Yul Brenner?

I absolutely adore Yul Brynner.... have you seen The Magnificent Seven or The King and I?