Last.Fm

Tools    

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
does anyone have an account on Last.fm?

basically what it is, you register with the website and download the software, and it tracks all the music you listen to on your PC. its also great for music recommendations, and finding people with similar music taste to you... and keeping track of what nerdy music your friends are listening to.

no more hiding your guilty pleasures!

my account.

rhymes with Goebbels
Yep;

http://www.last.fm/user/shirble/

Why would you want something tracking down all of the music you listen to? Isn't that allowing something onto your computer? I don't know what I am asking. God, I'm getting old!

Originally Posted by Ðèstîñy
Why would you want something tracking down all of the music you listen to? Isn't that allowing something onto your computer? I don't know what I am asking. God, I'm getting old!
it doesn't track down anything, it's just a little program that keeps a tab on what you're listening to so you can share you music taste with others without having to name all the bands you listen to....

yes, you download the software. i don't know what you're asking either, really!

Originally Posted by adidasss
it doesn't track down anything, it's just a little program that keeps a tab on what you're listening to so you can share you music taste with others without having to name all the bands you listen to....
OK, thanks!

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
yes, you download the software. i don't know what you're asking either, really!
Yes, I knew it was a download. You said so in your first post. I just don't trust too many of them.

Yes, I knew it was a download. You said so in your first post. I just don't trust too many of them.
i understand.

i have really enjoyed it since i signed up, though. ive actually discovered some really great music. which is nice. because i get sick of listening to the same stuff over and over.

but it may do you no good if you don't listen to much music while you are at your computer.

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
i understand.

i have really enjoyed it since i signed up, though. ive actually discovered some really great music. which is nice. because i get sick of listening to the same stuff over and over.

but it may do you no good if you don't listen to much music while you are at your computer.
Yep, I prefer it when working out, but when on the computer, etc . . . I usually have a movie playing, or let my MP3 player on my my-space go. Spy-ware is what I would be worried about.

Yep, I prefer it when working out, but when on the computer, etc . . . I usually have a movie playing, or let my MP3 player on my my-space go. Spy-ware is what I would be worried about.
spyware is a scary thing. i found out about the website through a number of my friends who are more computer savvy than i, and have had no problems or beef with the downloaded software. i don't know how likely i would have been to get it either, if it hadn't been for that factor.

but, i do listen to an obscene amount of music via my PC, so it works good for people like me. even when i buy a new album, i usually rip it onto my PC so i can scrobble on Last.fm

fun stuff!