What's your top ten list look like when factoring in seasons of tv?

Tools    

1. Leftovers Season 2
  2. There Will Be Blood
  3. Breaking Bad Season 4
  4. Breaking Bad Season 3
  5. La La Land
  6. Game of Thrones Season 4
  7. Old Boy
  8. Midnight in Paris
  9. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
  10. Inglorious Basterds
  11. The Office Season 2
  12. The Grey
  13. Game of Thrones Season 6
  14. Breaking Bad Season 2
  15. When Harry Met Sally

The most loathsome of all goblins
1) Farscape Season 2
2) Farscape Season 3
3) Farscape Season 1
4) Farscape Season 4
5) Legend
6) Bringing Up Baby
7) Hackers
8) The Adventures of Robin Hood
9) Lisa and the Devil
10) The Spy Who Loved Me

I really, really, really love Farscape.

That would be crazy. I very much doubt any movie, even an absolute top-down classic, could compete with an entire season of something I utterly adore. It's not a fair contest to me.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
That would be crazy. I very much doubt any movie, even an absolute top-down classic, could compete with an entire season of something I utterly adore. It's not a fair contest to me.
This, movies cant compete with seasons worth of character development.

Not a fair contest.

The most loathsome of all goblins
Completely understandable

When you're watching a series, the characters grow on you in ways no film character could ever compete with. When you're invested in a show spanning multiple seasons, you eventually begin feeling like the main characters are your personal friends.

I will say that while overall I think film is superior, the very best TV shows outshine the very best movies.

Welcome to the human race...
I tend to think of shows as being whole entities so I barely distinguish the different seasons most of the time, and even with the ones where I do distinguish between seasons, I still can't imagine pitting them against individual movies. I definitely don't like any of them enough to enter my top ten movies list.

I tend to think of shows as being whole entities so I barely distinguish the different seasons most of the time, and even with the ones where I do distinguish between seasons, I still can't imagine pitting them against individual movies. I definitely don't like any of them enough to enter my top ten movies list.
Yeah, I was looking at The Professionals for example and there are so many episodes that I really like, but spaced out to the extent that I couldn't put a whole season forward.

The way I did this was to avoid TV miniseries, which are usually self-contained, and go for distinct series or seasons within a programme. I was surprised to be able to come up with exactly ten favourites, so here they are in order:

The Dorothy L. Sayers Mysteries (First and only series)
Doctor Who Season 18
Big Train Series 1
Blackadder Series 3 (Blackadder the Third)
Black Books Series 2
Ulysses 31 (First and only series)
Blake's 7 Series 1
Sherlock Holmes (1984) Series 1 (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes episodes 1–7)
Secret Army Series 2
Star Trek: The Original Series Season 1

So, could I fit any of these into my favourite films list? Here we go:

Münchhausen
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Alien
Falling in Love
By the Sword
Harlequin
Ulysses

The Dorothy L. Sayers Mysteries Series 1
Doctor Who Season 18
Big Train Series 1

This was very difficult but my bottom three films were just that bit easier to let go of in order to do it .

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I fluctuate. My favourite is always what I'm watching/rewatching in the present. I used to be strictly a movie nerd and poo pooed television but then I got addicted to the golden years of tv. Movies now I generally only watch on the weekend.

I used to be strictly a movie nerd and poo pooed television but then I got addicted to the golden years of tv.
That sounds like me and black and white films and TV. I think Doctor Who got me into black and white.

That sounds like me and black and white films and TV.
I went through a stage where I would only watch the old black and whites.

I went through a stage where I would only watch the old black and whites.
I'm saying Doctor Who woke me up to black and white in a big way – The Invasion is the serial that sparked it I think – but I would watch black and white films before that. I remember liking Hellzapoppin' when I was a kid .

I'm saying Doctor Who woke me up to black and white in a big way – The Invasion is the serial that sparked it I think – but I would watch black and white films before that. I remember liking Hellzapoppin' when I was a kid .
We have a super movie nerd here who I think is now retired. Every sunday he had a shirley temple matinee. My brother and I used to get together every week when we were at Uni to sing

LOL.

I don't really have a top ten movies list anymore. I think my top ten TV Seasons would be something like:

01.The Sopranos Season 5
02.The Sopranos Season 6 PT 2
03.The Wire Season 4
04.Mad Men Season 4
05.Arrested Development Season 2
06.The Sopranos Season 3
07.Mad Men Season 2
08.The Wire Season 3
09.Deadwood Season 1
10.The Sopranos Season 4

I know that's not really what you asked but i wanted to know what it would look like. Think it would be easier to separate comedies and dramas though as dramas usually have the one ongoing storyline so it feels more like their seasons are the one thing.

I'm always amazed when people can remember which seasons are best in a TV show. I never can. They sort of all blur together for me.

I'm always amazed when people can remember which seasons are best in a TV show. I never can. They sort of all blur together for me.
It's not difficult with the ones i picked because they are pretty short shows. The Wire in particular is easy because each Season focuses on some different sector of Baltimore society, plus the characters roles switch in importance. It would be more difficult picking a favourite season of south park, seinfeld, it's always sunny, etc.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
hum.
IF a TV series got into my hybrid list, I think it would be appropriate to have the first two seasons of Battlestar Galactica (remake) in there somewhere. The entirety of Breaking Bad, Deadwood, and oh! Falling Skies. No, I'm just kidding with Falling Skies. That crap was weak.

Honorable mentions might go to Hell on Wheels and The Venture Brothers. No idea though how any of this would interact with my favorite movies =\