My Sexiest Female Movie Characters List

Tools    

Sugar Kane, Some Like it Hot

There was hell on the set getting this movie made, but none of it shows onscreen and even though she had a lot of trouble memorizing her lines, Marilyn Monroe offered one of her sexiest characters in this 1959 classic.

Julie Nichols, Tootsie

Jessica Lange won a consolation prize Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her performance in this 1982 comedy playing a soap opera actress who falls for her new co-star (Dustin Hoffman) who is pretending to be a woman. I think Lange deserved the Oscar for another performance the same year, but her sex appeal in this film cannot be overlooked.

This might just do nobody any good.
Good double feature with the last two picks. I'm actually sort of surprised I'm not hearing more from both movies today.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Not since Ursula Andress stepped out of the ocean in Dr. No has a watery entrance made such an impression. Phoebe Cates made screen history and got a lot of young boys hot and bothered during this one scene.
Young boys?

The most loathsome of all goblins

Cora Smith, The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946)

She wasn't a great actress, but the camera loved her and she could steam up a screen and this was Lana Turner at her steamiest.
Probably the sexiest femme fatale in all of film noir, and there's some stiff competition.

I haven't noticed it so far, but I thought you were going to talk about the characters and not the actresses.
What I believe I said was that I would be referring to the choices by their character names rather than the actress portraying them.

Lynn Bracken, LA Confidential

I was definitely surprised by her Oscar win for Best Supporting Actress, but there's no denying the sexual heat Kim Basinger created with this 1950's femme fatale.

Carol McCoy, The Getaway (1972)

\
She may have been one of the worst actresses on the planet ever, but it doesn't change the fact that Ali MacGraw's character in this movie was sex on legs.

She may have been one of the worst actresses on the planet ever, but it doesn't change the fact that Ali MacGraw's character in this movie was sex on legs.
I wouldn't categorize Ali that way. She was terrific in Goodbye Columbus. Love Story too.

I wouldn't categorize Ali that way. She was terrific in Goodbye Columbus. Love Story too.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but IMO Ali MacGraw was a terrible actress.

Pam Grier, Jackie Brown

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'll second that! How she ever made it into movies is beyond me.
She was wholesomely pretty.