Meet The Fockers

→ in
Tools    

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Today was me and my boyfriends four year Anniversary. He had to work in the morning, but we decided when he got off we would go and see a movie. Upon looking at the movie times, I didn't find anything that peeked my interest in the slightest except for things I had already seen, and I would have quite pleasantly seen another viewing of Spanglish, but my boyfriend insisted we go and see something new.

I chose Meet The Fockers.

Since I wasn't too keen on the first one, I really wasn't expecting to like this one that much. I found the first one too over-the-top. Well, its Ben Stiller, you might say to me. But for some reason Meet the Parents just....rubbed me the wrong way, or something. I didn't really find any of the characters likeable, and it was way too frustrating for me to enjoy. Maybe I'm the only person on this forum to feel that way so help me god, but it quite frankly just pissed me off!

So, Meet the Fockers. Did it have the same effect on me? I would have to say that it really....didn't! Robert De Niro was actually enjoyable in the sequal, quite surprisingly, and especially Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Streisand's performances, as the sex-driven, hippee parents, were top-notch. And I really can't stand Streisand usually.

I still have issues with Teri Polo's character though. Or maybe just the actress herself. I really didn't think she was appropriately casted in Meet the Parents and I believe even more-so in this one. Her and Stiller just didn't have the on-screen chemistry ((or maybe I'm still stuck on Stiller and Elfman's awesome chemistry in Keeping the Faith)). I think Kate Hudson would have been a good part for the love insterest in this one, does anyone agree with me?

By the way, I love Owen Wilson, and was just tickeled to see they managed to squeeze him back in for the happy ending!

Contender
I disagree. I think this movie, while maybe not as good as the original, was definitely better than most crappy commercial Hollywood comedies (My Boss' Daughter, Daddy Daycare, etc.) I couldn't stop laughing when the hick cop was tasering them.

Originally Posted by Contender
I disagree. I think this movie, while maybe not as good as the original, was definitely better than most crappy commercial Hollywood comedies (My Boss' Daughter, Daddy Daycare, etc.) I couldn't stop laughing when the hick cop was tasering them.
You disagree with what? She said she liked it. Did you even bother to read past the first paragraph?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
You disagree with what? She said she liked it. Did you even bother to read past the first paragraph?

So i guess you disagree with contender's disagreeing.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
i do disagree. i thought the movie was poo poo.
Well i'm only going to give it only one poo.

Contender
I should really learn to read all of something I'm disagreeing with. I saw "I didn't like the first one" and "I don't like Teri Polo's character" and I guess I thought it was a negative review. Mea culpa.

Gotta admit it wasn't as good as the original(sequels rarely are)nor as good as Stiller's magnum opus There's Something.... - but is still miles better than a lot of so-called comedies like Analyse That.
Will De Niro ever make a relly good comedy actor?Other greats like Hackman can manage it easily

They reused all the same jokes from the first one, so you'd expect it'd still be funny. It wasn't.

not bad .

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Contender
I should really learn to read all of something I'm disagreeing with. I saw "I didn't like the first one" and "I don't like Teri Polo's character" and I guess I thought it was a negative review. Mea culpa.

I liked MEET THE FOCKERS and I think the best thing about the film is Dustin Hoffman as Bernie Focker. Hoffman appears to be having a ball in this role and I haven't enjoyed him this much onscreen since TOOTSIE.