Name The musician/singer

Tools    

Nobody knows so we need a clue

It's a group called The Grass Roots, who were of some note with a few charting songs in the late '60s. We never played a gig with them. Ironically they performed at the "Miami Pop Festival" in Dec., '68, whereas we were on the bill at the same venue in an earlier festival entitled the "1968 Pop Festival in Miami" in May. There was no connection between the two, but the similarities in name, and both at the same venue (Hallandale Race Track) caused a whole bunch of confusion.

This should be relatively easy for some of you "different" music fans...

The band has been around since 1974, and has recorded 60 albums, and have done many world tours. Their music is avant-garde rock, and they also do multimedia events.

The Residents

And you didn't mention that the guitar player for The Grass Roots is Creed Bratton, who most will know from playing Creed Bratton on the American version of "The Office". In the below video he is in the blue striped shirt (when he still had a full head of hair). You can see him at about 1:10 and dig his solo at 1:25.

OPEN FLOOR
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Is that Chad & Jeremy? (I think they were on an episode of "The Dick Van Dyke Show".)

Is that Chad & Jeremy? (I think they were on an episode of "The Dick Van Dyke Show".)
Yes, it is they. I was hired to play on an album by a band called Tarantula, produced by Chad Stuart. Stuart also was the music director for the Smothers Brothers Summer Special, so I got hired for that as well. Got to play the opening glissando on the timpani..

This is a tough one. With that nose, it's likely Frederic Chopin, the Polish piano virtuoso who charmed the ladies of Paris with his Polonaises, waltzes, and mazurkas.

I've only seen head-on and profile pictures of him. My favorites: the C# minor waltz, and the tiny Prelude in G.