Name:	Tobruk_-_Film_Poster.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	66772   Click image for larger version

Name:	81fmzD4VfqL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	66773  

That is bizarre indeed! I watched it on Prime probably a week back, no black blotches, all graphic scenes including blood bath and everything including male nudity was shown. Might it be a US/UK thing?

I had no idea there was that degree of censorship.
I honestly wouldn't have noticed (it was the scene where they are having sex in the hotel room and she has him take off his pants) if it weren't for the way that the censoring "blob" suddenly vanished. They basically hovered a black blotch over his crotch--at first I just assumed they'd deliberately kept him in shadow since his character is a teenager--but then when he zips up his pants the blotch abruptly disappears. The thing that made it the most strange was that all of the female nudity remained intact (though I do know there's often a double standard between male and female nudity).

I wasn't mad about it (in the sense that seeing nudity in that moment isn't important because the important part is what Pauline sees), but just confused. There was another time that I watched a film that had been absurdly overdubbed to eliminate a lot of the profanity (leading to a hilarious moment where a "gangster" yelled "WHAT THE HECK?!" when his mouth was clearly saying something else).

My thought was that maybe Amazon was buying copies of the films from a distributor who was doing these edits?

I honestly wouldn't have noticed (it was the scene where they are having sex in the hotel room and she has him take off his pants) if it weren't for the way that the censoring "blob" suddenly vanished. They basically hovered a black blotch over his crotch--at first I just assumed they'd deliberately kept him in shadow since his character is a teenager--but then when he zips up his pants the blotch abruptly disappears. The thing that made it the most strange was that all of the female nudity remained intact (though I do know there's often a double standard between male and female nudity).
I gathered it was that scene. Might watch it again just to check.

I wasn't mad about it (in the sense that seeing nudity in that moment isn't important because the important part is what Pauline sees), but just confused. There was another time that I watched a film that had been absurdly overdubbed to eliminate a lot of the profanity (leading to a hilarious moment where a "gangster" yelled "WHAT THE HECK?!" when his mouth was clearly saying something else).
Oh god, no, that’s just ridiculous. No way. 🤦*♀️

My thought was that maybe Amazon was buying copies of the films from a distributor who was doing these edits?
Don’t know enough about the dynamics of this, but could be. Still very odd and it impacts viewer experience.

I gathered it was that scene. Might watch it again just to check.
The blob disappearing caught my eye, and then I felt like a total perv as I rewound the movie to rewatch the part ("Don't mind me--just going to scrutinize this gentleman's crotch for a second"). I think that I noticed because his pants are a brown color and the blotch is black. Once he zips the pants, the blotch hovers for a moment before vanishing, which is what I think caught my eye because the color suddenly changes black-to-brown.

Don't Judge me... Sometime i put my brain off and need something like that...😆😆😆
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200803_203055.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	66802