23rd MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I use icheckmovies.com to keep a log of the filmes I watched and favourited. Besides, I have my own Top100 done there also, so it's easy to find favourites or to find good nominations to these HoFs.

I've never heard of icheckmovies.com. Is it a free site?

How do you feel about satire?
I don't like degrading comments.. movies that poke fun at other races, religion, gender, etc.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Don't you still use Letterboxd?
Never used it consistently. Because I found icheckmovies first, never wanted to go through the trouble of checking every single movie I had watched in a new site. Besides, I quite like icheckmovies.

Legend in my own mind
I always consider personal enjoyment above all else when ranking any list - that goes for favorites lists, countdowns, and the Hall of Fame.

As to not being able to remember favorites, I don't really have that issue. If I love a movie enough to to call it a favorite, then I buy it on bluray or DVD so I just look through my collection and choose from that.
Yep, technical aspects are all well and good but if I don't enjoy the film then I rank it low.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'm the same, a lot of times when I have trouble placing movies in my Vote the deciding factor will be enjoyment.

I think you'll like mine if you haven't seen it already.
I think you will like mine. I have seen only one person on here who posted a review of mine.

I just searched for my nomination on the forums. The results were kind of expected (and typical) for my choice: very few people have rated or reviewed it in any way, and the existing ones range from hate to lukewarm to love quite evenly. No one (except me, obviously) in this HoF has mentioned the film on these forums before.

I just searched for my nomination on the forums. The results were kind of expected (and typical) for my choice: very few people have rated or reviewed it in any way, and the existing ones range from hate to lukewarm to love quite evenly. No one (except me, obviously) in this HoF has mentioned the film on these forums before.
Are we able to search if a movie has even been mentioned? I only know how to search reviews, click on reviews and type the title. Anyway you've got me curious.

Are we able to search if a movie has even been mentioned? I only know how to search reviews, click on reviews and type the title. Anyway you've got me curious.
I just searched the forums with the movie name (within " " as it has multiple words).

I just searched the forums with the movie name (within " " as it has multiple words).
It use to drive me crazy when I searched for a movie title that was made up of common words, as any post with any of those individual words came up in a search. So I asked Yoda if he could change the search engine to boolean search parameters and he did

I just did a search for one of Cricket's noms, by going to advance search (search in post, not titles) and (results as post, not threads)....Surprisingly there's been quite a few post about his movie nom, which is a fairly obscure movie.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...archid=9926890

When I hit the search icon to the left of my profile pic I don't see options so I only get threads that are about that movie.
Leave the search bar empty and click search, it’ll take you to the advanced options where you can search posts and get the results as posts, filter by username, etc.

Leave the search bar empty and click search, it’ll take you to the advanced options where you can search posts and get the results as posts, filter by username, etc.
Got it!

My film is a one word title thats pretty common. That search won't work for me. Lol