Movies that you block out.

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
This does not exist...does not exist....does not exist.

Yeah, for sure. For me, anything after Rocky II. I got tired of his damnable accent. I've spent lots of time in Philadelphia and never heard anybody talk like Rocky. I assumed that he'd taken too many head shots.

The most obvious one that springs to mind is El Camino. I know everything about it, but I never watched it because it would remove the uncertainly about the BB ending that I like.
I expected nothing from a movie that has the name of a car as its title, but I thought it very satisfying. Breaking Bad was put to bed, but Jesse’s fate was still unknown. The ending was ambiguous since Jesse could either make a success or a mess of his new life. I hoped he would have a good life after all his troubles, but nobody knows.

I expected nothing from a movie that has the name of a car as its title, but I thought it very satisfying. Breaking Bad was put to bed, but Jesse’s fate was still unknown. The ending was ambiguous since Jesse could either make a success or a mess of his new life. I hoped he would have a good life after all his troubles, but nobody knows.
A separate problem for me (a obvious curse for someone who spends time here and similar websites) is that I’ve heard it discussed so many times and have such a broad awareness of everything in it that I just never get around to it. And I agree that it is interesting to see whether he’ll “make it” now that he’s free of Walter, but to me, and yes, I know this perspective annoys people, the whole thing was about their unique chemistry, so I know I’ll miss it. But I’ll definitely get around to it sooner or later.

I adore the movie The Hidden, and in particular I thought its ending was really fantastic.

The sequel (whose opening 10 minutes are just the last 10 minutes of the original film) takes the beauty of the ending and shreds it into pieces. It does unforgivable things with the original characters (perhaps in an effort to cover for the fact that none of the original stars returned).

For me, it is the biggest drop in quality between a film and a sequel.

I also tend to avoid a lot of sequels, because my brain just doesn't silo movies. It all becomes one big blob of story. So if I really like where a film left things, I will sometimes be hesitant to venture into a sequel.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
I absolutely love Wenders' Wings of Desire, and I'm sure its sequel is very good but I don't dare watching it, out of fear that it'll distort the original's ending, ruin its wholeness, dilute it or something like that.

A separate problem for me (a obvious curse for someone who spends time here and similar websites) is that I’ve heard it discussed so many times and have such a broad awareness of everything in it that I just never get around to it. And I agree that it is interesting to see whether he’ll “make it” now that he’s free of Walter, but to me, and yes, I know this perspective annoys people, the whole thing was about their unique chemistry, so I know I’ll miss it. But I’ll definitely get around to it sooner or later.
I liked Jesse with or without “their unique chemistry”. “Mr. White” was dead & I wanted to see what Jesse would do now. A highlight of the movie is the continuing rôle of psycho Jesse Plemons. So dreadful, so funny.

The movie isn’t that much to “write home about”, as we Brits say, so I’ll end now.

I liked Jesse with or without “their unique chemistry”. “Mr. White” was dead & I wanted to see what Jesse would do now. A highlight of the movie is the continuing rôle of psycho Jesse Plemons. So dreadful, so funny.

The movie isn’t that much to “write home about”, as we Brits say, so I’ll end now.
Why didn’t you say so before?! *Throws hands up in exasperation*

Now I’m totally and utterly sold!