Pro Wrestling Match Tab

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
I doubt this will be a very frequented thread, but I've found myself recently interested in pro wrestling again. It's not to the same embarrassing levels it was before, but I've watched about ten matches this year. I watched one that I think is worth mentioning regardless of forum, because it's a truly a great piece of art that I think should be appreciated by more people:

MS1 vs Sangre Chicana - EMLL 9/23/83

This match feels like a legitimate contender for the greatest match of all-time. It's the most brutal match of all-time, and it doesn't need barbed wire, light tubes, tables, ladders, a steel cage, fire, thumbtacks, or any other "foreign" or "international" object. It just needs two dudes being badasses. They punch each other in the face, and they dive full bore at one another. The beauty in this brutal match is the selling, especially from Chicana. He gives himself completely to his role, and it's a sell job better than anything you'll see this year. He gets jumped pre-bell, and he sells the beat down the whole match. He is bleeding all over the place, and has this dazed look on his face as he fights through loss of blood and what I guess would be considered "concussion like symptoms" nowadays. But both guys do a tremendous job selling the exhaustion, blood loss, and magnitude of this match. It feels on par with some of the greatest acting performances in some of my favorite films, which is something that I rarely ever see in pro wrestling. This match was a revelation to me, and I'll hold it in the same regard as I do my other favorite pieces of art.

This thread is for the few people on this forum I know like pro wrestling. Our tastes in it are quite different, but I'm still interested in the matches you guys might be enjoying/hating. I might create a tab for whole shows too, but for now I'll just stick with a match tab.

Let the night air cool you off
Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Akira Maeda (UWF 8/13/89)

Fujiwara starts this match with a sense of urgency that Maeda doesn't need, because it's clear that Fujiwara is the underdog. Not only is he much shorter, but he's also of a frailer build. So Fujiwara does what any underdog should do, he attacks right away and throws some beautiful body shots. Maeda has none of it and shuts him down with some heavy kicks and headbutts, and speaking of headbutts, Fujiwara throws some nasty butts as well. Maeda plays the heavier more dangerous man very well in this match by grinding on Fujiwara's face when they get on the ground, forcing Fujiwara to come up with clever ways to either counter the hold or force a rope break. The best one comes when Fujiwara twists up Maeda's knee in a really nasty way by putting Maeda's foot underneath Fujiwara's knee and torquing it. Fujiwara also eats a nasty suplex. This is a great monster/underdog match that feels like the perfect amount of struggle between the two, and the finish, while somewhat abrupt, is the type of finish you would expect in a sporting event where a deeper team finally depletes the underdog who isn't as deep.