Movies You Thought You'd Love, But Don't?

Tools    

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I do agree with that. I've only seen it once but from memory it was like one big LSD trip for me. That style does nothing for me.
Hmmm. I've never made through "Las Vegas Parano" for instance. I would compare this with LSD trip. I didn't think about NBK this way. Thanks for sharing Your opinion If I watch it next time, I will pay attention to this aspect.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hmmm. I've never made through "Las Vegas Parano" for instance. I would compare this with LSD trip. I didn't think about NBK this way. Thanks for sharing Your opinion If I watch it next time, I will pay attention to this aspect.
Some styles just make me feel like I;m tripping or really really drunk. I'll have a rewatch nd see if it does it again.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Some styles just make me feel like I;m tripping or really really drunk. I'll have a rewatch nd see if it does it again.
Yeah, me too
If You didn't like it, it maybe be a waste of time to rewatch

Yeah, me too
If You didn't like it, it maybe be a waste of time to rewatch
I'm always open to a rewtch with a different PoV, nd I like the cast.

Sicario

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Ok. So then we could compare our opinions
You bet.

This movie was reviewed so highly. Stuck it out for 60 minutes, but it was so atrocious I bailed out. Trés disappointing.

The biggest contender for this has to be Doubt. The storyline is engaging. The moral approach is daring and memorable. It has some of the best acting I've ever seen. Heck, everything from this movie seems made for me, it fits my tastes so perfectly. Why am I not amazed, or impressed? At this point I don't even know, just that I enjoyed it way less than I should expect.

Big Trouble in Little China

John Carpenter? Kurt Russell? Cult Classic? The concept is John Wayne stuck in a Shaw Brothers flick? Sign me up!

Except it wasn't what I signed up for. By all rights I should adore it, but the film just doesn't click with me, even after rewatching it. It's a movie I want to love but can't, and it leaves me cold.

Honestly though even going by that description rather than the more basic "Indiana Jones goes to Chinatown" style hype I don't think you really get to the core of the film. Its a role reversal comedy with the hero and sidekick switching places without the former being aware of it.

Honestly though even going by that description rather than the more basic "Indiana Jones goes to Chinatown" style hype I don't think you really get to the core of the film. Its a role reversal comedy with the hero and sidekick switching places without the former being aware of it.

I think I put a little too much expectation on Big Trouble in Little China, assuming it would be as good as Escape from New York...it wasn't even close, it was pretty confusing to be honest but about 30 minutes in, I decided to stop trying to figure it out and just watch the damned thing and I had a pretty good time.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Star Wars.
Downfall.
Shindler's List.
I thought "Schindler's List" was exploitative, knowing no one would criticize it, and using that movie to elevate himself... Most overrated director. I wish he never existed -- "Jaws" changed so much, and for the bad... Studios stopped taking chances, made 10% of the movies they used to.. It became more of a business than ever, and you see very soon in the 1980s the lack of truly great movies, and a lot of BS that made money trying to get children into theaters.

I really expected to love Black Swan because I adore Natalie Portman, but that movie was a real disappointment.
The hype was unbelievable & it still continues. I hated this movie.

Another hour to go in this movie, but I refuse to spend one more minute watching it. The reviewers creamed themselves over this movie, but what I have seen so far has bored me to death.