Bonjour MoFo's!

Tools    

Hello my name is Amabella. This is my first saunter to an internet forum. I may eventually join a few of different themes but for my first I wanted to try one specializing in movies since I'm passionate about the topic. I searched around and this site seems to be mostly what I'm looking for so here I am!

Some of my favorite film genres are foreign, film noir, historical period pieces, drama, documentaries, romance, thriller/suspense, and musicals. I can tolerate some comedies, action, Westerns, war, science fiction, and horror, but they tend to not be my favorite.

As for me I'm in my thirties, married for almost two years, and have no children yet. I was born and grew up in France. My mother is French and father Russian. My mother, sisters, and I moved to America when I was 16. I went to college and was a teacher for a few years. I also went to culinary school and worked as a chef, eventually co-owning my own restaurant. Now I'm a translator during the week and private chef on the weekends.

Some hobbies I enjoy besides movies are cooking, literature, writing, dance (ballet and ballroom), music (classical, jazz, opera, etc.), yoga, painting, clothing fashion, scrapbooking, and much more. I just try to enjoy life and make the most out of every day.

Maybe you all can tell me a little bit about yourselves. Would like to get to know everyone. If you don't feel like writing a long biography just tell me a few interesting things about you.

Thanks for having me on your forum and look forward to sharing my views, opinions, and experiences on film and reading yours.

Au Revoir!

Master of My Domain
Welcome to MoFo! Hope you become a great addition to the community.

Bonjour Amabella and welcome
there are a few French speakers here too, although not sure if there's anyone actually from France?

You have a good varied taste in films so you'll fit in nicely. It's a very friendly forum here so hope you stick around!

The People's Republic of Clogher
My late mother-in-law is French, which means my kids are kinda French. A little bit.

Anyway, bienvenue!

Bienvenue, j'espčre que vous vous trouvez contente ici. Comment ętes-vous devenue traductrice? C'est assez impressionnant, j'aimerais bien l'essayer un jour. Quelles types de choses écrivez-vous? Finalement pourquoi pensez-vous que tous les hommes français détestent leur propre cinema?

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
Bienvenue, mon amie! I think you will like it here. Every one is respectful and we enjoy new perspectives on films and related discussions all the time. There is even room for whatever anyone would like to share about just about whatever interests you. Again, Welcome!

Welcome to the forum from an individual similar to you.. but I do enjoy Action.. and my specialty is extreme cinema.. you want something sick... just ask..

Je suis également un francophone, mais québécois et non français. Welcome to the forum, I hope you'll have good time!

Hey Amabella, A warm welcome to MoFo! This is the most intelligent and friendly board on the internet!

Your a chef, very cool..If you like to travel have you ever considered working as a chef on a cruise ship? There's a lot of perks to that, good money too. No, I never worked on a cruise ship but I've sailed on a lot of them.

"I just try to enjoy life and make the most out of every day."...I like that, very optimistic...which I believe is the key to happiness
Some of my favorite film genres/styles are foreign, film noir, historical period pieces, drama, documentaries, romance, thriller/suspense, and musicals.
You'll fit in perfect around here. I like: film noir, historical period pieces, drama, musicals and especially old Hollywood 1930-1960 and Indies too.

Maybe you all can tell me a little bit about yourselves. Would like to get to know everyone. If you don't feel like writing a long biography just tell me a few interesting things about you.
Just think of me as Orson and we'll be fine, pass the peas please

I do hope you'll stick around, this site has a lot to offer.

A system of cells interlinked
Hello and welcome!

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Welcome. Nice to have you.