B Movies that are better than big budget feature films....

Tools    

Thought he lost everything,then he lost a whole lot more.
Just watched for the second time Rabid Dogs by Mario Bava and Manhunt by Fernando di Leo.
I found both films a lot more interesting and captivating than most pictures that you can find nowadays in your suburban movie theater.
…And they were both dirt cheap to make!
What interesting B movie titles would you absolutely recommend to people that are willing to watch something different ?

It depends on the definition of 'B-movie'

If 1970s Hong Kong kung-fu movies are included - Fists of Fury

If Spaghetti Westerns are included - A Fistful of Dollars

Semper Fooey
The first Little Shop of Horrors was certainly a B.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
the guide to glorious B movie nirvana is seeing this at the beginning.

Hmmm....again, we go back to the definition of a B-movie.

Practically all Cannon's movies were made in the 1980s and their movies were more mid-budget for that time (5 to 10 million bucks) rather than low-budget.

If the definition is based on low-quality output, then Cannon/Golan-Globus generally fit the bill. But if that's the case their films wouldn't qualify for this list of 'B-movies that are better than big budget films.'

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Watch Suspiria. It starts as a cheesy giallo film to turn into quirky horror. I liked the cinematography, but the music was too loud and over-the-top for the most time. Pretty weird ending as well.

Not sure what was the budget, though.

Cannibal Holocaust
Haven't seen it and not sure if I should. Is it an instant boner maker? Now, seriously, I'm not really into gore/slasher films, but I've heard a lot about this one. I presume t's considered classic.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Mad Max is decent for a cheap B movie. Awesome intro sequence that can match just about any big budget opening.

Your reference to the Cannon Group has inspired me to go in search of

which I was underage to watch when it first came out.

My inner-almost-pubescent self thanks you.

Is this a B Movie?

Wouldn't say so, according to wikipedia its budged was $20,000,000. Pulp Fiction had a budget of $8.5m and it's not considered a B Movie.

Cannibal Holocaust
I've avoided watching since it's all real animal abuse, and I heard about the **** that's in there. So Mr.Minio if you're turned on by animal cruelty go ahead and watch it. Might wanna go to a clinic though, first.

I am a man of many weird fetishes, but animals definately are not one of them, so I will skip it for now.

Wouldn't say so, according to wikipedia its budged was $20,000,000. Pulp Fiction had a budget of $8.5m and it's not considered a B Movie.
Re: From Dusk till Dawn

Quentin Tarantino's involvement could lead you to believe it's a B-movie, because he's made a career of retooling the B-movie feel (Pulp Fiction, Foxy Brown, Kill Bill, Django Unchained, Death Proof) with generally far better scripts, directing and acting, and much bigger budgets.

It's hard to classify movies made after the 1980s or early 90s as B-movies.

Also, imo, a movie does not qualify as a B-movie by low-budget alone. It has to also have a highly commercial feel about it. 'Arthouse movies' (which were later subsumed into the general nomenclature 'indie films') don't fit the bill.

A great example of a low-budget 1970s movie that's definitely not a B-movie is often cited in this forum: Eraserhead, which was made for $10,000.