B Movies that are better than big budget feature films....

Tools    

I'd say most of the people in this thread have a very different idea of what a B movie is. With that in mind, pretty much anything linked to this page should make the cut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploitation_film

Semper Fooey
There are alot of low budget movies that are acclaimed, but they are not literally B movies.

Haven't seen it and not sure if I should. Is it an instant boner maker? Now, seriously, I'm not really into gore/slasher films, but I've heard a lot about this one. I presume t's considered classic.
It's definitely a brutal watch and the animal violence is...rough.

I'm not sure how much I like it, but I do think it's better than a lot of films with bigger budgets.

I always thought that Tarantino/Rodriguez wanted From Dusk to Dawn to appear as a less than serious, more fun, blood filled vampire film that paid homage to old B horror films. Obviously I know the budget is good and that, but the same can be said for Grindhouse where they put a lot of money/effort in to making old exploitative grindhouse double features that he used to watch as a kid.

Nowadays with new technology and digital and all that I don't think there are any proper guilty/cheap B-movies as such, with some films only really exist through directorial choice to pay homage to their own film watching experiences and such, i.e. Berberian Sound Studio.