The Movie Forums Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

How do we usually score partial lists? Yam12 sent me one with ten movies on it. Still give 25 points to the top and on down from there, or start at 10 points?

Welcome to the human race...
Almost done with a list...the last handful of slots are always hard because by then I've usually exhausted my absolute favourites and now have to sift through through the dozens of
-level to figure out which ones get into the last half-dozen slots on my list. Especially hard when I'm judging "objectively good but I don't love it" versus "objectively flawed but I do love it".

Waiting on a few responses for eligibility fixes, will work out the tie-breakers tomorrow.

We have 61 Lists submitted up to now. As I break the ties today, I'm waiting on one more eligibility correction from a partial list. There's an outside chance I can get the Main Thread up later today, though it may end up being tomorrow, Sunday, March 17th.

sent in my corrected list last night. it's insane that misery isn't counted as horror on imdb but oh well
criticker

Voting is now CLOSED, and our Top 100 is set, ties broken, and in order.

Really solid total. Most since the Sci-Fi list and almost as many as the 1950s one. Thanks for compiling them, and thank you for participating, everyone. Excited to see how it comes out.

Looking forward to the results.

frankly speaking, modern horror movies are all alike. and only sometimes there are rare movies that can be called astonishing. from the recent ones I really like Annihilation with Natalie Portman

frankly speaking, modern horror movies are all alike. and only sometimes there are rare movies that can be called astonishing. from the recent ones I really like Annihilation with Natalie Portman

Wow, I disagree so strongly with that ...

True, there's always been generic (horror) movies that are similar to other movies released around the same time. 30 years ago, it was the slasher movies (which all feel generic to me), and now we have the Conjuring-verse and its lookalikes, which are basically sequences of jumpscares and cheap thrills.

But there's also so much creativity! You mentionned Annihilation, but there's also What We Do in the Shadows, or A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, or Raw, or Mother!

Whether you like them or not, you can't say they're all the same...