Tron: Legacy

Tools    

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
Hi, I just saw the trailer of Tron legacy, the sequel to Tron from 1982, I am very excited, it looks really good!

If video doesn't work, here is link:

Any thoughts?

Greets
Spikez

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I wished they has made a remake first, usually I'm not a fan of remakes, but, in this case, a remake would be really nice
Why remake a classic that broke ground in the area of CG? While a remake would be nice, it would take away from what made this film stand out so much. I recently watched Tron, again. The technology they used to make this film, while at times is a little corny, has withstood the test of time and, at times, is still better than CG used in some of today's films.

I'm sure they'll address the upgrades, in some aspect, in the sequel. Should they remake Tron simply because they can, .
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I've never seen any Tron movie , but it really looks and sounds awesome - but am I to understand it will be overflowing with cheesy dialogue of Disney proportions ?

but am I to understand it will be overflowing with cheesy dialogue of Disney proportions ?
I wouldn't go that far. Of course, I didn't analyze the dialogue of Tron.

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
Why remake a classic that broke ground in the area of CG? While a remake would be nice, it would take away from what made this film stand out so much. I recently watched Tron, again. The technology they used to make this film, while at times is a little corny, has withstood the test of time and, at times, is still better than CG used in some of today's films.

I'm sure they'll address the upgrades, in some aspect, in the sequel. Should they remake Tron simply because they can, .
I am just curious when I watch these old movies how it would look with today's technology. It's not that I would prefer a remake over the original, but it's fun to imagine how overwhelming it would be using today's technology

I am just curious when I watch these old movies how it would look with today's technology.
I think we'll see how it would look when they release Legacy. Which already looks like it's going to be flippin' awesome.

Originally entitled TR2N (a.k.a Tron 2), Tron: Legacy was presented at this years San Diego Comic Con as the very first major presentation. Below you will find the trailer, concept art and photos from the comic-con.

Official Synopsis- Tron: Legacy is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that’s unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. Sam Flynn (GARRETT HEDLUND), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (JEFF BRIDGES), looks into his father’s disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin’s loyal confidant (OLIVIA WILDE), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

Tron Legacy Concept Art

Misc Comic-Con Photos

It's ironic that my 7 year old asked to watch Tron the other day. It just happened to be the day before I first heard about Tron: Legacy. So, we watched it. It really is amazing how the film has held up after 27 years. It has a few moments that date it, but for the most part, it almost looks as if it could have been made in the last 5 or 10 years. It's still great fun after all these years.

You ready? You look ready.
One word can describe this project: sick.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
I am all over this thing when it hits... I used to love Tron!