Which is the best Batman?

Tools    

which is the best Batman

I voted for "Batman Returns" - I really liked that one. It was just very well done. The others were too Comic-Booky for me - mostly the latest ones, that is.

Funny that you included "Mask of the Phantasm" on there - that was a cool movie.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I voted for Batman Returns also. Pretty much for all the same reasons as the above.

I voted for Batman and Robin cause it has a hot chick in it. Gol dangit, can't remmember her name though. anyways......... -Brian

unfortuanatelly yes boo hoo. hmmm, there's always pamela anderson and the wonderful VIP! whoopdi do dah, lol -Brian

I think "Batman Returns" was pretty good, except for the fact that the script had way too many holes in it. From a visual point it was facinating. The original Batman(no, not the 1966 movie--Which I should have included here) was, in my opinion, the best one. The Joker was great in it. It was also great to see Batman's gadgets. To this days, I still think the 1989 Batmobile was the best of them all.
Surprinsingly, "Mask of the Phantasm" had the best script of them all. If you get those writers to join forces with Burton we might have the best Batman yet. One can only dream

Plot holes? Really? I havn't seen it all THAT recently, but I certainly don't recall any. I'm not doubting you, but could you elaborate a bit?

POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW!

I don't remember much about "Mask of the Phantasm" - just something about a woman - like the bad guy was a woman, or something. Don't remind me of whether or not I'm correct - I'll try to see it again sometime.

TWT, the Plot for "batman Returns" is incoherent. If you pay close attention you'll notice that the characters are just going around in circles. For Example, take the scene when Both Batman and the jokers See Catwoman for the first time. THe Penguins says, "I saw her first, gotta fly".....and then he disappears. I mean, what was that all about? I love the movie, but you do have to admit that the script could have use a lot of work.

I think The Penguin was going to try to kill her, which he sort of did. Why? To tick Batman off, I suppose. Again: not doubting you, but I just don't recall much.

Didn't see it.
I went for the first one. I preferred Michael Keaton over the others.

i got to say out of the old batmans id pick batman.

and the new batmans id pick batman begins.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love the two new Batman films

I have seen the old films but tbh I havent seen them many years and the collection is on my list to buy

I like all the Batman films except B&R... But Batman Returns is my personal fave, coz I just love the look of the film & intersting characterizations in it.

Batman Begins & Dark Knight are a more faithful to the current Batman comics, I love Nolan's interpretations, but I really don't like the character of Batman, even though bale is a good actor.. the characterization of Batman/Bruce is a bit weak.

Keaton looked nothing like Batman nor Bruce, but he did a good job with showing the character as an outcast... Batman is the real person, Bruce Wayne is the alter ego, that theme is so evident in Batman Returns.

It is easily the 1989 Batman. It was just so awesome! For me, it's a film that has EVERYTHING. The Joker in the museum always cracks me up. And the scene in the bell tower of the church always creeps me out a little. Just reminds me of the 1980's comics.

But I also have a soft spot for Batman Returns. Batman Returns is a perfect example of what film would turn out like if you combined an ink well and a snow globe. I actually managed to score all 150 collector cards which came out when the film was out at the cinemas, all still in mint condition. Money well spent

Batman begins is underrated. It changed everything.

A system of cells interlinked
How do you figure? The film is clearly not underrated, being almost universally well-received by both critics and fans alike.

Also, keep in mind this thread was created before the Nolan films existed, so some posts will be outdated at this point.

I like Batman Dark Knight and Keaton's first Batman movie equally well. I was surprised Keaton did so wll in tht role because up til then he did nothing but hack comedies.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, that that old chestnut of a hack comedy, Clean and Sober.

Oh

And no, the first Batman is not anywhere NEAR as good as Nolan's films. The art direction in the older flick is interesting, but Burton is clearly the inferior director, and Nicholson upstages Batman at every turn. It's not a Batman film, it's a Joker film.